About the role
Tesco Maintenance are seeking to recruit an Electrically biased multi-skilled engineer in the Edinburgh/ Glasgow area. Working closely with the Store teams, the Electrical Technicians will deliver a first class service to ensure all electrical systems needed to serve customers are maintained in a safe manner with high equipment availability at all times. This will support Tesco Maintenance in ensuring our retail business is able to continue to deliver its promise of serving Britain’s shoppers a little better every day.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
- Provide a first class service ensuring premises are safe places to work, shop and visit - Ensure that all tasks are carried out safely in line with company policies and procedures.
- Carry out day to day maintenance duties across the Tesco estate consisting of;
- Planned and reactive maintenance to; distribution circuits – lighting and power systems.
- Fault diagnosis and repair of electrical equipment.
- Monitoring and improvements to existing electrical systems working to manufacturer and regulatory safety standards.
- Install minor electrical systems to 17th Edition wiring regulations.
- Provide assessments and advice on existing systems to key stakeholders as part of a collaborative approach.
- Assisting management teams to improve and develop current electrical process and procedures through a continuous improvement approach.
You will need
Skills and experience needed to be great at this role:
- C&G 2360 Part 1&2 or equivalent.
- C&G 2382-15 -17th Edition.
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent in electrical.
- Full driving Licence.
Ideal additional skills:
- C&G 2391 or equivalent.
- C&G 2377 – PAT.
- IPAF qualification.
- SPS accreditation.
- Experience working on CCTV.
- Experience working in a customer focused environment.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan
- Life Assurance
- Colleague Clubcard after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% off most purchases at Tesco (15% off for a four day period after each pay day)
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges.
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
At Tesco Maintenance, it’s our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work nationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers.