About the role
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to recruit a Building Technician. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn’t function without the support of our Maintenance Team. A Building Technician is an integral part of this team, carrying out maintenance procedures, safely across the Tesco estate. Working closely with the Store Leadership Teams, the Building Technicians deliver statutory requirements, proactive planned and reactive maintenance promptly and in a cost effective way ensuring the business is able to continue to deliver its promise of serving Britain’s shoppers a little better every day.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
- Completing planned preventative maintenance.
- Responding to reactive maintenance.
- Verisae usage and parts replenishment.
- Communicating with the team and wider business team.
- Working collaboratively with the National Operation Centre.
- Following the Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Completing tasks ensuring they are right first time.
- Liaising with the Store Technicians and update them on status of maintenance work.
- Delivering non-negotiable standards across stores.
- Working to maximise store profitability through following energy saving best practice and ensuring energy faults are reported/fixed.
You will need
Skills and experience needed to be great at this role:
- A City and Guilds qualification is desirable.
- Experience in general building including brickwork/blockwork, concreting, tarmac, joinery, roofing and tiling.
- Trade certificate in Plumbing/Carpentry/Civils/Roadworks.
- CSCS Card.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- The ability to work remotely.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan
- Life Assurance
- Colleague Clubcard after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% off most purchases at Tesco (15% off for a four day period after each pay day)
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges.
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
At Tesco Maintenance, it’s our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximizing the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work internationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers.