Interested in earning between £400.00 & £600.00 per week? Fancy being your own boss? Enjoy driving? Would you like to earn some extra money for delivering parcels to your local postcode area in your spare time? If the answer is yes to one or more of the above statements, then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
Menzies Distribution has an excellent opportunity for self-employed drivers who are interested in supporting our Newbridge Newstrade team to deliver world-class service and time-critical consignments of newstrade to our retail customers located across the Central Belt of Scotland.
So, how does this role work? Using your solid geographical knowledge of your postcode patch you will deliver typically between 20 - 30 delivery per day.
Although prior delivery experience isn’t essential, it would be advantageous if you were familiar with major regional road networks, streets, commercial and residential addresses within your locality. Once you have got up and running you will make quick work of your deliveries.
Our operations team will support you in becoming a driving force behind our regional Newstrade operations, the support will be from day one and will enable you to deliver an amazing service.
Our customers will rely on you to deliver our promises, therefore, we will rely on you to ensure each delivery reaches its desired destination, on time and, in perfect condition. And just think of the ‘feel good factor’ you will get from delivering to the local people in your area.
Interested? Then let us tell you more about the role and what we are looking for.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manually upload, unload and deliver consignments of Newstrade to commercial premises, ranging from corner shops to supermarkets.
- Scan all goods on and off your vehicle, ensuring all deliveries are accurately recorded.
- Ensure security of your vehicle and parcels whilst in transit to customers.
- Complete all documentation as per company procedure
WHAT YOU NEED
- A full and valid UK driving Licence
- Your own 3.5-tonne van (i.e. Transit or similar)
- Insurance for business use
- No previous disqualifications NI, DD or DR
- Physically fit to meet the demands of a multi-drop driving role
- Hardworking, positive and a flexible attitude to work
**You will also need to complete a 5-year criminal background check before commencing employment**
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.