LOCATION: GALASHIELS DISTRIBUTION CENTRE, TD1 3TD
TERM: PART-TIME, TEMPORARY
HOURS: 20 HOURS PER WEEK
RATE OF PAY: £9.99 PER HOUR. PLUS, ADDITIONAL COMPANY BENEFITS
SHIFT PATTERN; 6 NIGHTS FROM 7
MONDAY: 4.00AM – 7.00AM
TUESDAY: 4.00AM – 7.00AM
WEDNESDAY: 4.00AM – 7.00AM
THURSDAY: 4.00AM – 7.00AM
FRIDAY: 4.00AM – 7.00AM
SATURDAY: 2.00AM – 7.00AM
Interested in working for an organisation ranked as one of the UK’s top-performing private companies in The Sunday Times HSBC Top Track 100?
Menzies Distribution has an excellent opportunity for an energised individual to join our Galashiels Newstrade team. Our team play an important role in supporting our business to deliver world-class service and time-critical newspapers & magazines to our 1,200+ retail customers located throughout Galashiels.
Joining our team, you’ll do so much more than you think! You will play an integral part in the efficient day to day operations and will work closely with our experienced night shift operations team who will proactively support you to manage a busy warehouse role and multi-drop schedule.
When you’re in the warehouse you will support the safe loading and unloading of stock from our HGV’s into the warehouse, assist the stock control team to manage inbound and outbound stock through the warehouse and support colleagues to achieve challenging packing, scanning and sorting efficiency targets.
When you’re not in the Warehouse, you’ll be out and about delivering consignments of Newstrade to our retail customers throughout the region. You'll have the opportunity to drive one of our modern 3.5-tonne vehicles and benefit from our continued investment in technology which will free you up to deliver an uncompromised level of service.
And, let’s not forget you will be joining one of the UK’s largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the ‘extra mile’ is at the heart of our company ethos.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Scan all goods on and off your vehicle and ensure all deliveries are accurately recorded
- Check the quality of packed orders
- Manually unload, upload and deliver Newstrade to commercial premises
- Make sure the vehicle is loaded safely and within the legislation
- Deliver Newstrade to our customers safely, efficiently and on time
- Ensure security of the vehicle and goods contained during transit to the customer
- Uplifting previous days orders
- Complete all documentation as per company procedure
- Assemble customer supplies according to packing specifications
- Break down, allocate and load inbound magazine supplies
- Keep the warehouse safe, clean and tidy
- Adhere to company procedures and policies
WHAT YOU NEED
- Held a full UK Drivers Licence for a minimum of 4 years
- No previous disqualifications for NI, DD or DR
- Familiarity with most of the streets and commercial addresses
- Physically fit to meet the demands of a multi-drop driving role
- Hardworking, positive and a flexible attitude to work
**You will also need to complete a 5-year criminal background check before commencing employment**
HOW WE WILL REWARD YOU
In addition to a competitive remuneration package and company benefits, we provide ongoing development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
- 31 Days Annual Leave (Pro Rata)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Care
- Free Onsite Parking
- Onsite Canteen
- Vending Machines
- Discounted Cinema Vouchers
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. It’s critical we have diverse talent, views and thinking if we are to deliver exceptional client value and solve the world’s important problems.
We seek to attract and recruit people from the widest talent pool, who reflect the society in which we work. And we aim to encourage an inclusive culture where people can feel empowered to be the very best they can be and to reach their full potential creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.