Job Description :
Role Title: Commercial Sales Manager, Reserve On Trade
Location: London, GB
Travel requirements: Field Based
Reports to: Head of Reserve Brands, GB
Team size: 5 direct reports
Reserve GB Context:
Diageo Reserve is a high-growth business that focuses on unlocking the enormous potential of premium and luxury spirits. The Reserve portfolio has tripled in size in the last 5 years, doubled in the last 3 years and we have the ambition to grow to over £100m revenue. With an industry-leading portfolio that includes Ciroc vodka, Haig Club, Johnnie Walker SDLX, Tanqueray TEN, Ketel One, Don Julio, Talisker, Singleton and Lagavulin. The Reserve team are focused on building brand momentum and engaging consumers, by working in partnership with the very best trend leading customers in both the On and Off Trade. As part of the Europe organisation, we will look to search and spin the best trends and activation ideas from across Europe to drive engagement and excitement with GB consumers and customers.
The strategy for Reserve GB:
- Seed and build Incubation brands - New to world brands are crucial to our long-term ambition and you will play an important role in seeding and building these new brands across your outlet universe and beyond.
- Explode growth of our luxury brands (Ciroc, Haig, Ketel One, Tanqueray TEN, Bulleit, Johnnie Walker SDLX) -The key battleground to grow these brands will be the trend leading On-Trade universe in GB, approximately 700 outlets. Winning here will lead to wider off and on trade distribution
- Grow Value on Malt whisky - There is huge potential to grow the Malts business through the on and off trade by developing and executing activities that deliver additional value for the consumer, with both Flavour Led and Aged variants.
This role is a key role for us, reporting to the Head of Reserve, GB and responsible for the P&L of approx. 50 of the most premium on trade groups in GB. You will manage 5 people, based in London, Manchester and Scotland, comprised of Account Managers and Activation Execs. Example customers are Maybourne Group, Sketch, Novikov, The Rosewood, Bon Vivant, Montpelliers, Living Ventures and Tokyo Industries. This is a high growth area of the total on-trade channel delivering over £3m NSV today with an ambition to double in the next 2 years. You will manage a high performing and motivated team who have built strong customer relationships and were ranked 2nd out of 20 suppliers in the most recent Advantage Survey.
Working with Reserve Marketing, Culture & Entertainment and the core On Trade team to deliver the annual P&L for your customers as measured by Salesforce. This will be delivered through a combination of securing pouring contracts and delivering exciting and bespoke activations on Reserve and Premium Core brands in these accounts.
- You will have responsibility for an On Trade team of 5 to deliver against their NSV, investment and profit targets.
- Manage a working day process and an R&O that feeds through to the on trade Channel P&L
- Build and hold senior level relationships with the owners / managers of the key retail groups in your account file
- Drive on trade understanding at all levels within Diageo GB, ensuring that the consumer trends that your customers are experiencing are fed through into brand and customer teams so we are constantly responding to the latest trends, especially regarding the “with food” occasion.
- Develop and coach your direct reports to maximise their potential as individuals and as a team
Essential Qualifications / knowledge / experience required / languages
- 5-10 years significant on trade experience
- Prior experience of managing teams towards achieving targets
- Commercial mindset essential
- Analytical, systems aptitude and advanced Excel skills
- An existing network within the GB on trade preferred
- Able to demonstrate excellent relationship building and influencing skills across functions
Top 2 Diageo Leadership Capabilities that embody this role:
Win through Execution
·Deliver stand-out brand activations, agreed according to Diageo and customer priorities
·Build the distribution of Diageo’s Incubation and Mass Luxury Portfolio
·Seed Diageo’s beer portfolio (Hop House, Guinness, Open Gate Brewery innovation) so that it creates a halo in the wider GB on trade
·Use your experience of the on trade to direct your customer A&P budget towards the highest ROI opportunities
·Know your own role in beating the competition, be restless in growing your understanding of the premium spirits market and use that to drive performance
Shape the Future
·Develop the strategy by customer and brand to “chart the course” towards the NSV goal
·Constantly scan the On-Trade environment for the emergence of new and premium groups that we should be working with
·Identify ways to secure resources and make things happen and have the energy and know how to implement.
·Display commercial acumen. You will be a key enabler of growth within GB and will be expected to harness your commercial insight to create new opportunities.
·Restless in finding solutions to deliver greater value growth for the Reserve portfolio and for your customers
·Idea generation, solution focused, drive new opportunities, anticipate trends and think in the future
Worker Type :Regular
Primary Location:Park Royal 7HQ
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :2020-03-09-07:00
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.