About the role
Balfour Beatty has an opportunity for a HEATING & VENTILATION PIPEFITTER (3 MONTH FIXED) to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in Helensburgh.
- To provide dimensionally accurate pipefitting support for on and off site project work
What you'll be doing
You will have the following accountabilities:
- Reading out and interpreting drawings, symbols and specifications;
Soldered fittings, DHW Systems, able to use propane torch for these works,
- Be familiar with jointing screwed pipes
- Be familiar with bolting of flanged joints
- Be familiar with making up of brackets and pipe supports,
- Victaulic pipe grooving
- Installation of Victaulic fittings
- Installation of soil and waste systems, (solvent weld)
- Able to scale from drawings
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of CSUKs Sustainability activities.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following:
- Must have SC or CTC Clearance
- Must have an NVQ L3 Pipe Fitting
- Time served H&V (Heating and ventilating) engineer
- Evidence of Competency as a tradesman (City & Guilds/NVQ/ACE)
- Have the ability to interpret specifications and engineering drawing
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to GBP2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.