Ever thought of being your own boss? Love driving? Have a natural flair for delivering memorable customer service? Would you like to earn some extra money for delivering parcels to your local postcode area in your spare time?
If your answer is ‘yes’ to each of the above questions, then we might just have the perfect money-making opportunity for you!
We are looking to speak with experienced drivers who are keen to work in partnership with our Highland Parcels team on a self-employed basis. Our team play a crucial role in supporting local people, communities and businesses across Scotland to grow by avoiding inhibitive delivery surcharges. Pretty impressive stuff!
So, how does this role work? Using your solid geographical knowledge of your postcode patch you will deliver typically between 30 - 150 parcels per day, the parcels can be either delivered to your home address or you can collect them from our Distribution Centre. The choice is yours.
Although prior delivery experience isn’t essential, it would be advantageous if you were familiar with major regional road networks, streets, commercial and residential addresses.
Not sure you have what it takes to get up and running? Don’t panic our operations team will support you from day one to become a driving force behind our Highland Parcels operations.
Our customers rely on us to deliver our promises, therefore, we will rely on you to ensure each parcel reaches its desired destination, safely, on-time and in perfect condition too. And, just think of the ‘feel good factor’ you will get from delivering to the local people in your area.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Manually upload, unload and deliver parcels to residential and commercial premises
• Scan all goods on and off your vehicle ensuring all deliveries are accurately recorded
• Ensure security of your vehicle and parcels whilst in transit to customers
• Complete all documentation relating to deliveries
WHAT YOU NEED
1. A full UK/EU/EEA driving licence for at least 4 years with no more than 6 penalty points
2. Own or have access to a vehicle with valid MOT & insurance
3. The ‘Right To Work’ in the UK with no serious unspent criminal convictions
4. Familiarity with most of the streets and commercial addresses
5. Physically fit to meet the demands of a multi-drop driving role
6. Hardworking, positive and a flexible attitude to work
Whether you are an experienced delivery driver or looking for a new challenge (and you have a full UK driving licence) we are keen to speak with you.