Support Worker Level 1 (Fixed-Term 12 Months)
Highland Aftercare, Fort William
Salary: £14,334- £15,516 per annum + sleep-in payment of £9,726 per annum (total: £24,061 per annum).
Working Hours: 28 hours per week + 2.33 sleep-ins per week.
Closing Date: 05:00pm, 18 May 2020
Interview Date: 22 May 2020 (via Microsoft Teams)
Do you share our commitment to supporting positive change in people’s lives?
Ypeople has over 200 staff and volunteers, and supports hundreds of people every day in our homelessness, young people’s well-being and out of school care services.
We are recruiting for one Support Worker Level 1 (Fixed-Term 12 Months) to work at our Highland Aftercare service based in Fort William. This role is to provide a high-quality support service for care-experienced young people transitioning into permanent or other suitable long-term accommodation.
How you will make a difference:
- Actively practicing person-centred planning and unconditional positive regard.
- Facilitating key-work meetings.
- Developing life skills with those we support (meaningful activities, budgeting, shopping, cooking etc.)
- Planning, implementing and developing workshops or programme activities with the people we support
How we will support you:
- Competitive salary, company pension, childcare vouchers, life assurance.
- Generous annual leave entitlement (6 weeks in the first year rising to 8 weeks from the second).
- Excellent development opportunities (access to varied training and qualifications).
If you would like to apply, please send a completed application form to (link removed).
What you will bring:
Personal values aligned with Ypeople’s core values.
SVQ level 3 Social Services and Healthcare or SCQF equivalent (or are willing to work towards.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.