- Sector: Engineering and Technical
- Specialism: Applications
- Location: Fort William
- £13 to £18 per hour, Part time
- Hours: Part Time Interim
- Contact: Liz Basil
- Reference: IT Support Eng 2020 PT
As our IT Support Engineer you will maintain the computer networks of SOLV Limited, providing technical support. You will monitor and maintain the company computer systems, installs and configure hardware and software, and solve technical problems. This role includes support for our website, online shop and for our FLOWSOLV(R) software.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems, backups and networks
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone)
- Setting up accounts for new users
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
- Testing new technology
- Website maintenance to add downloads, changes, updates and online shop
- Assist FLOWSOLV(R) customers with registrations, updates, and 1st line response
Experience of IT Support including Windows Servers, Windows PC's, Laptops and related equipment and networks.
Experience of website maintenance and software support.
Suitable Computer qualifications and training courses.
Some experience of programming would be an advantage.
Candidates should have the following qualities:-
- A technical, logical thought process
- Problem-solving skills
- An ability to stick to deadlines
- Able to prioritise and delegate
Possible full time position for suitable candiates.