- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Reference: 43050BR
We’re a leading UK Corporate Finance advisory services provider in terms of reputation, size and scope of practice. The work we do is diverse, and we deliver to a wide range of clients; from government bodies to large corporates both in the UK and internationally.
Our teams have deep technical knowledge and expertise in providing financial and commercial advice. We use our broad knowledge of infrastructure transactions and cross border connections to deliver specialised insights for our clients.
The UK Infrastructure and Government Corporate Finance team is a dynamic and diverse team. Situated across offices throughout the UK, the team currently has over 100 members and has consistently reported positive results. The team operates on a national basis with team members working on clients across the UK and overseas. Our client base represents a broad range of industries including transport, telecoms, energy, healthcare and real estate.
Due to current resourcing requirements alongside an exciting pipeline we are growing the business and are looking for a Senior Associate to join the Infrastructure and Government Corporate Finance team in our Edinburgh office. We are looking for individuals who are keen to work in a dynamic and fun environment which will provide significant career opportunities. Our office has a strong commitment to flexible working, enabling teams to balance work with domestic responsibilities and outside interests.
A career in our Infrastructure and Government practice, within Deals Corporate Finance services, will provide you the opportunity to deliver innovative deal solutions to our clients, providing advice and support, from inception through to deal completion.
Our team advises both public and private sector clients on the finance, delivery and operation of infrastructure projects helping deliver value to taxpayers in the UK and further afield. We are involved in all stages of the project life cycle, from business case development through to finance raising and project delivery. As part of our team, you’ll help our clients with procurement strategies, project structuring, financing and negotiations.
As a Senior Associate in this role, you will be exposed to a wide range of infrastructure sectors, establish effective working relationships and offering proactive advice through commercial analysis. PwC are committed to upskilling their workforce external training as well as on the job learning will be provided to ensure you develop highly regarded skills such as financial modelling, valuation techniques and options analysis.
This role offers plenty of variety in terms of the clients, sector and scope of services we offer. You will often be working on more than one project at a time which will provide you with plenty of exposure to different sectors and clients. Ongoing projects include procurement advice to government bodies, asset valuations, sell side assistance, business case development to name but a few. You will also play a significant role in providing commercial analysis, as well as involvement with various business development initiatives, whilst building your own personal network at the same time. The role offers the opportunity to work on deal sizes in excess of £1bn. Given our diverse client portfolio, no two days are ever the same, and you will have the flexibility to shape the role to your specific interests and/or existing specialisms
The role could include but is not limited to
- Assisting local authorities and government bodies to develop business cases to raise funding from a variety of sources for infrastructure related projects.
- Assisting clients through the procurement process of selecting a successful bidder to build the major infrastructure projects of the future.
- Providing clients with a valuation of their infrastructure asset investments.
- Opportunities to get involved with M&A transaction work. This can include advising on a wide range of UK and international transactions including acquisitions, refinancing and disposals.
- Build and develop client relationships and opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of personal and team knowledge.
- Build your own network of contacts through regular attendance at internal and external meetings.
- Keeping up-to-date with local and national business and economic issues that could impact our clients and /or their industry.
- Some travel and occasional overnight stays will be expected
We would expect applicants to be able to demonstrate the following attributes
- ACA (or equivalent) qualified / exam qualified
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to think laterally
- Ability to grasp complex commercial issues quickly
- Demonstrable interest in Corporate Finance matters
- High level of MS Excel and Powerpoint proficiency
- High ambition coupled with the ability to deliver and to work effectively in teams