Do you have a financial background, experience in cash management and the ability to work comfortably within tight deadlines? If so, we’d love you to join our team!
This role is a fixed term contract position until August 2021.
In this varied role you’ll be part of the Treasury Back Office within the wider Financial Control team, playing an important part in supporting this team and the wider business. The role covers a wide range of tasks which you will take responsibility for initiating and completing within a controlled environment.
You’ll have excellent organisational and administrative skills, and have the ability to work accurately and within tight deadlines. You’ll also be able to recognise potential problems and assist in developing solutions and improvements.
- Assisting with daily cash process including preparation of cash position, intraday cash flow analysis and input of deals to Treasury Management System within a controlled environment
- Extracting critical financial information from a variety of financial / banking platforms
- Preparing daily bank reconciliations
- Preparing journals ensuring accurate posting from banking platforms to the Oracle General Ledger
- Processing security transactions on Custodian System
- Affirmation and matching interest rate swaps on Confirmation Platform
- Matching Foreign Exchange trades on Confirmation Platform
- Processing payment requests
- Assisting with the on-boarding of trading counterparties and management of records
- Supporting internal stakeholders (Treasury Front and Middle Offices) and all new treasury activities and wider bank projects
- Preparing journals involved in the month end management reporting process
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Experience within a cash management environment
- A financial background with book-keeping, accountancy and financial reconciliations knowledge
- Experience within a treasury environment would be valuable
- Knowledge of purpose and appropriateness of controls
- Very capable in excel skills
- Knowledge of oracle GL/discoverer would be valuable
- Knowledge of treasury custodian / management systems would be valuable
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work accurately and within tight deadlines
- Adaptable and flexible
- Enthusiastic team player, committed to learning and personal development
In addition to the all- important competitive salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So we want to shout out some of our other great benefits…
- We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance
- Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table
- Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We’ve got it covered through your Sainsburys, Argos and Habitat store discount card
- Cycle to work scheme and great coffee and cake!
We’re proud of our heritage as the UK’s first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers.
Technology is where we see our growth therefore we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We’re a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers’ financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury’s Group, being one of the UK’s most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential.
Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome at the Sainsbury’s Group, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. If you’re interested in applying and are excited about working with us, but are unsure if you have the right skills and experience – we’d still love to hear from you! Apply today and we’ll be in touch (we’re also happy to discuss flexible working options (including part time)).
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.