End DateTuesday 19 May 2020
Salary Range£36,405 - £40,450
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary.
Our Commercial Banking division supports over 100,000 clients across a varied range of business sectors through the provision of core banking products, such as lending, deposits and transaction banking services, as well as an extensive financial markets presence.
Markets & Lending Delivery forms part of Commercial Banking Delivery, providing specialist operational post trade support across a wide range of markets products.
We have new opportunities as Middle Office Senior Analysts to join our Trade Control team. In this role you'll perform important trade and process integrity checks for all our relevant Group legal entities to ensure completeness and accuracy of trade data across all tradeable products, ensuring accurate booking and supporting all downstream activity to ensure discrepancies are identified and resolved.
You'll engage with our key partners in Commercial Banking (CB) and Group Corporate Treasury (GCT) to cultivate strong working relationships and help deliver a robust end to end control framework. As part for this you'll help support a high performance culture through constant learning and self-development.
Your day to day responsibilities will consist of:
- Performing intraday checks to ensure trades interface from front end trading platforms to relevant downstream systems. Check accuracy and completeness of structured trade packages to ensure records remain accurate throughout trade lifecycle.
- Management of trade cancel and amendment review activity and production of data designed to ensure partners have adequate oversight of desk activity.
- Production of meaningful Management Information to highlight Key Performance and Risk Indicators to partners in line with Service Agreements.
- Embrace a culture of continuous improvement to optimise processes and deliver sustainable benefits to support local and wider objectives. Highlight shortcomings and suggests improvements in current compliance processes, systems and procedures within team and area.
- Collaborate with internal support functions and deliver outstanding support for CB and GCT partners. Investigate standard incidents, taking action to solve immediate compliance issues and providing advice to more senior colleagues on more complex problems
- Provide team leader support to assist with work allocation and team coaching
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Good technical and Markets knowledge and proven ability to identify and mitigate risks in respect of markets products. Demonstrable experience in identification, assessment, prioritisation, escalation, management and mitigation of risks in the process. Use high levels of accuracy and attention to detail when performing controls and adheres to policies and processes.
- Understanding and knowledge of the technical aspects of products and services, guides and teaches others. Uses expertise to serve internal and external customers.
- Responds positively to the changing needs of the business maintaining focus. Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement. Using metrics and benchmarks to monitor accuracy and quality. Takes steps to improve methods to increase efficiency. Promptly and effectively addresses process breakdowns.
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances and holds self to high standards of performance; setting challenging goals; to achieve meaningful results; pursues initiatives/efforts to successful completion and closure. Focusing on key goals, even during setbacks and obstacles.
- Good oral and written interpersonal skills to liaise with other LBG colleagues and teams as well as external clients maintaining professionalism and client centricity.
- Ability to self-organise and work both independently and collaboratively within the wider team, work within very strict deadlines ensuring a high level of accuracy.
What can we offer you in return?
- Competitive base salary
- A flexible benefits cash pot (4% of base salary) you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
- Discretionary performance share award and access to share schemes
- A generous pension contribution
- Private health cover, extendable to family cover.
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
Apply today, Together we make it possible.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.