Amazon is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join the Advertisement Security team in Edinburgh. This team builds scalable solutions that monitor the technical security across Amazon’s advertisement portfolio. Our work is characterized by high scale, complexity and a constant need for innovation. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
We are looking for outstanding candidates to join us as full-time Software Development Engineers. You will work as a full time Software Development Engineer at our Development Centre in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Your team will own the business, technology and operations, giving you the responsibility and authority to ensure success. You will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to software development across a variety of technologies. Your systems will meet remarkably high standards of performance and reliability, and will operate at massive scale. You will also have a focus on the customer experience, great teamwork and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
The position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by inventing, enhancing and building world class systems, delivering results, working on exciting and challenging projects.
· Computer Science Honours degree (2:1 or better) or another technical degree or postgraduate study. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
· Able to demonstrate knowledge of algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization, object-oriented development and design patterns.data structures, algorithms, and strong problem solving skills.
· Experience of technically leading at least 1-2 software engineering teams through the full SDLC in an Agile environment.
· You actively lead code reviews, design reviews, automated testing, whiteboard discussions, back-of-the-napkin designs at lunch, and random chats in the hallway about awesome ideas.
· Experience taking a leading role in designing, building and implementing complex and innovative software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers, including understanding of OS fundamentals, cloud computing, and large-scale and high-availability distributed architectures and micro services.
· Experience leading & influencing software engineering best practices within your team and across others for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience mentoring software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Cloud computing, large-scale and high-availability distributed architecture.
· Designed and built complex systems (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling).
· Data manipulation and analysis, including command-line tools and scripting.
· Machine learning and other statistical analysis.
In return, we offer a highly competitive salary, and other excellent benefits including healthcare. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career in a unique, passionate and international environment, work hard, have fun and make history!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.