Job Title: Corporate Banking Services Manager
Department / Team: Finance
Business Unit / Division: Finance
Reports to: Head of Finance Operations
The UK Corporate Banking Services team will act as a processing Hub for effective, efficient and controlled processing of receipts and payments for a number of businesses and geographies, including the UK, EMEA. Accordingly the team will be required to effectively communicate with global Finance teams and colleagues from across the whole business, and in particular work closely with the Accounts Payable and Client Billing & Accounts Receivables teams.
Reporting to the Head of Finance Operations, the Corporate Banking Services Manager will manage the effective operation of the corporate banking services processes that support the group treasury policies and operational needs of the business. The Corporate Banking Services Manager will provide timely information to the Group Treasurer and support the implementation of treasury strategies as set out and communicated by the Group Treasurer.
They will be have a deep understanding of the regulatory, legal and operational requirements of working with the UK and International banks with whom SLA transact; and will maintain an awareness of emerging themes which may impact SLA’s corporate banking operations.
They will have a proven track record in driving change and automation, and the use of finance systems and data to deliver efficiency, insight and financial control.
As a member of the Finance Operations leadership team, support the Head of Finance Operations and the wider finance operations management in the delivery of the finance strategy and future development and success of the SLA finance function
Key Outcomes / Responsibilities:
Working to deliver either personally or through the effective leadership of the Banking Services team, the following responsibilities:
Banking Services activities:
- Effective control, regulatory compliance, timely processing and accurate accounting for receipts and payments.
- Opening and closing bank accounts that are required to support the businesses serviced from the UK Banking Services Hub, and provide oversight of corporate bank account maintenance for the wider SLA business.
- Ensure corporate bank mandates are maintained on a timely basis and support the maintenance and communication of banking related authorisation matrices.
- Regular review of corporate bank platform access and make requests of the Systems administration team for the update of access profiles providing appropriate supporting documentation as required.
- Coordination of mail and email communications to and from internal stakeholders and customers via Banking mail boxes, including management and appropriate escalation of non-regular items.
- Delivery of change projects related to banking services operating model and associated processes and controls.
- Working with the Finance Transformation project and Finance Systems team to provide SME input to scope, potential risks and areas for improvement with regards to banking services technology change activity.
- Liaison with banks, including HSBC and Citi, in relation to the maintenance and improvement of services supporting Finance Operations.
- Promote and embed effective communication within Finance Operations both internally to Finance and externally with key stakeholders.
- Co-ordination and collaboration with regional and local Accounts Payable and Billing & Receivables teams.
Management Information, Documentation and Controls:
- Provision of regular MI to the Head of Finance Operations to ensure that performance of the Banking Services processes, and team, is understood against key operational and control objectives.
- Ensure there is clear process and procedural documentation in place and that an effective training pathway for the business and Finance Operations teams in the use of banking and payment platforms and processes.
- Coordinate the development of procedures and controls across Finance Operations to ensure compliance with client money rules (CASS) rules for the asset management business, including developing a regular training programme and representing Finance Operations at regular CASS monthly meetings.
- Ensuring compliance with CASS within Banking Services team, ensuring the business and CASS teams to avoid breaches or non-compliance with SLA policies and procedures.
- Monitoring, reporting and managing deposit, cash positions and cash sweeps in compliance with policy and levels agreed with Finance Management and the Group Treasurer.
- Monitoring and managing effectiveness of banking service processes, and ensuring that all key controls are performed consistently and effectively. Maintain the corporate risk events database (SHIELD) on a timely basis.
- Own and liaise with Finance Control lead on the Risk & Control certification process for Banking Services to document key risks and mitigating controls.
- Management/oversight of BAU projects that relate to the maintenance and evolution of banking services; and providing SME input to Transformational projects.
- Ensuring continued development of the Corporate Banking Services team ‘Ways of Working’ strategy. Including ensuring:
- Ensuring there is a link between the Finance Operations and Banking Services team Huddles and Visual Management boards.
- Managing the Corporate Banking Services team’s day to day operating rhythm, capacity planning, performance data and focus on problem solving and operational efficiency.
- Effective planning, management and communication to ensure that there are appropriate level of trained banking service team members and payment authorisers available to execute all transactions in a timely manner.
- Ensure that role objectives and individual development needs for all team members are agreed on an annual basis – and regularly reviewed/addressed as appropriate.
- Ensure the performance of team members is managed in line with SLA performance management and career development structures.
Role Specific Skills and Knowledge:
- An experienced operational corporate banking services professional.
- Strong grasp of related accounting, key controls and reporting.
- Experience liaising with banks with regards to transactional banking services.
- A deep understanding of banking platforms, processes and working practices.
- Banking cost structures and the optimal approaches to trade foreign exchange and transfer funds.
- Experience of month end financial close processes.
- Good understanding and awareness of finance systems.
- Experience of delivery to remote business units, including international satellites
- Experience of leading a team working within a support service culture
- High levels of personal accountability and flexibility to prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communications, including experience documenting and communicating with regard to financial procedures and controls
- Ability to influence at all levels and drive through projects / work
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player who can work collaboratively to deliver common objectives
- Effective stakeholder management, attention to detail, confidentiality and probity.
Continuous Improvement (L3-4).
Builds Relationships (L3-4).
Analytical Skills (L3-4).
Planning & Prioritisation (L3).
Risk Management & Control (L3).
Team Work (L3).
Manages Performance (L3).
People Management (L3).
We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all forms of difference are valued and which is free from any form of unfair or unlawful treatment. We define diversity in its broadest sense – this includes but is not limited to our diversity of educational and professional backgrounds, experience, cognitive and neurodiversity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and ethnicity and geographical provenance. Standard Life Aberdeen supports a culture that values meritocracy, fairness and transparency and welcomes enquiries from everyone.
If you need assistance or an adjustment due to a disability please let us know as part of your application and we will assist.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.