Position: Senior Reward Consultant (RemCo & Exec Pay)
Location: Edinburgh or London
Division: Human Resources
Type: 12 months FTC
The Senior Reward Consultant will be responsible for the Group Remuneration Policy and Executive Pay Strategy, in order to make Group Reward Policy and Reward programmes for Executives a powerful catalyst for value creation and competitive advantage in SLA. Through a number of methods such as benchmarking, analysing market best practice and understanding executive talent requirements within SLA, this role will create Policy and Reward packages to attract and retain top Executive talent in the market. The role will also be responsible for working closely with the Remuneration Committee in order to provide strategic advice in relation to Executive Pay. They will provide input in relation to the strategy for Executive Pay so as to attract and retain top executives. The role holder will be required to ensure policy and practice meet legal and regulatory requirements and will be responsible for reporting thereon, including production of the Director’s Remuneration Report.
- Remuneration Policy: Through benchmarking against comparable companies, developing the strategy and approach to Group reward policy in the short, medium and long term. Designing a policy that attracts and retains key talent but in a manner which aligns Pay to Company and individual performance and complies with relevant legal and regulatory requirements. The role will be accountable for ensuring adequate risk management takes place . Providing advice and support for operational reward teams on policy implementation
- Executive Pay: Through benchmarking against comparable companies (e.g. McLagan database), developing the strategy and approach to Executive Pay in the short, medium and long term. Designing Reward packages that attract and retain Executive talent but in a manner which aligns Executive Pay to Company and individual performance. The role will be accountable for ensuring that the Executive Pay strategy is targeted so as to attract and retain the Executive Talent which is most required by the business. Moreover, the role will be accountable for ensuring adequate risk management takes place in the approach to Executive Pay by being well acquainted with executive employment and severance arrangement terms
- Remuneration & Subsidiary Committee: Supporting the Head of RemCo, Regulations & Exec Pay in Remuneration & Subsidiary Committee meetings to prepare relevant papers with strategic insight to facilitate the meetings with a particular focus on Executive Pay. The role will be accountable for facilitating those meetings on occasions and bringing SME knowledge in relation to Executive Pay. They will seek to continually ensure strategic value add through proposing Executive Pay approaches and strategy
Skills & Capabilities required:
- Awareness of what, and how, the wider business strategy can be supported through an effective Executive Pay Strategy which is executed effectively
- Proven experience of involvement in Remuneration Committees
- Some awareness of Talent Acquisition processes
- Results orientated with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Project Management experience
- Risk Management Experience in Executive Pay
- Numerical and data analytics and insights experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Stakeholder management, particularly with senior stakeholders
- Laws, regulations & standards
- Risk management & control
- Planning & prioritisation
- Applies technical knowledge
- Thinks strategically
We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all forms of difference are valued and which is free from any form of unfair or unlawful treatment. We define diversity in its broadest sense – this includes but is not limited to our diversity of educational and professional backgrounds, experience, cognitive and neurodiversity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and ethnicity and geographical provenance. Standard Life Aberdeen supports a culture that values meritocracy, fairness and transparency and welcomes enquiries from everyone.
If you need assistance or an adjustment due to a disability please let us know as part of your application and we will assist.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.