End DateWednesday 20 May 2020
Salary Range£54,342 - £60,380
Agile Working OptionsFlexible / Variable Hours, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary.
Commercial Banking Markets Operations (CBMO) is the pre and post trade Operational team supporting Commercial Banking Markets (CBM) with 160 colleagues is based in London, Birmingham and Edinburgh. CBMO is accountable for managing and mitigating risk, trade settlement and adhering to financial regulatory obligations for CBM. We support clients globally and LBG teams in London, across the UK and our New York and Singapore offices.
This exciting role is to lead, manage and develop our Collateral Team who are our operational team responsible for the daily processing, agreement and settlement of collateral margin calls in order to mitigate LBG's credit risk exposure. With volumes driven by market movements you'll show flexibility and be adaptable to constantly evolving situations, prioritising resource and escalating risks accordingly.
The Collateral Manager will work closely with Front Office, Credit and other Operational teams as such you'll need to demonstrate an ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of different partners.
The Manager will also ensure a robust risk and control framework with provision of comprehensive operational MI and analytics. You'll identify and resolve risks and trends within procedures and processes, highlighting these to Senior Management in a timely manner.
This interesting role offers you the chance to create and extend a partner network across CBM as well as coordinate one of the Group’s critical Business processes. Whilst the role would be well suited to someone with a Markets, Finance, Credit or Operational background, applicants from all areas are welcome provided you can demonstrate the required transferable skills.
Core Role Accountabilities
Leadership - Support the team and Senior Manager in the effective delivery of all client, risk, financial, stakeholder, change and people accountabilities, including identifying and developing talent and stretching all colleagues to maximise their potential and day to day contribution.
Service Delivery - Deliver high quality, accurate, timely and efficient service that satisfies the needs of both internal and external partners in line with group, divisional and departmental priorities.
Partner Engagement - Manage positive relationships with clients and all partners.
Risk Control and Management – lead by example in adhering to all aspects of regulatory, operational, financial and IT risk confirming with the Group Risk Framework.
Continuous Improvement - Coach our team to identify and delivers improvements to processes, controls, and working practices.
Self Development - Regularly evaluate own strengths and weaknesses and create appropriate development plan with the Values and Behaviours framework.
Environmental Awareness – Exercise good judgement in decision making by remaining aware of business, market, economic, regulatory and political dynamics and take those factors into account along with client, colleague, conduct and partner considerations.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Ability to lead and empower a team to deliver high quality results.
- Great interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels, clients and market counterparts.
- Comprehensive understanding of risk frameworks and the ability to utilize that understanding in practice.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Awareness of the market and how economic, political and other environmental factors impact market conditions including ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and business area to ensure the right outcomes for customer, colleague and business are achieved
- High standards of personal integrity and conduct to be demonstrated by self and team.
- Role model for LBG Values and Behaviours.
What can we offer you in return?
- Competitive base salary (£54,342 - £63,398)
- A flexible benefits cash pot (4% of base salary) you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
- Discretionary performance share award and access to share schemes
- A generous pension contribution
- Private health cover, extendable to family cover.
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Apply today. Together we make it possible.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.