Join us as Head of Climate Centre of Excellence and Environment
- Take on a role where you’ll be developing our sustainability agenda alongside our long term objectives
- You’ll be seen as a senior ambassador for the bank, enhancing our reputation in national forums and local communities
- This is an opportunity to develop your network and advance your influencing skills, as you’ll work closely with specialist and senior external stakeholders
- We're offering this role nationwide
What you'll do
As Head of Climate Centre of Excellence and Environment, you’ll be providing your expertise and strategic leadership for the continued progression of our sustainability agenda. You’ll be viewed as a subject matter expert on a broad range of sustainability issues including ethics, economy, environment, society and climate, to make strategic recommendations for policy direction. Reporting jointly to the Director of Sustainable Banking and the Chief Economist, you'll also have direct line management for a team.
Leading the performance and development team to provide insight, innovation and intelligence, you’ll be supporting the continued advancement of our sustainability agenda. This will include trend spotting, horizon scanning, market intelligence, risk and opportunities and new propositions
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the measurement of our sustainability performance, including contributing to reporting, disclosure, and assurance programmes
- Providing intelligence and insight to teams across the bank on sustainability matters to drive product and service innovation and development
- Engaging with and responding to specialist external stakeholders, including non-governmental organisations to inform policy and insight
- Managing the support to customer-facing parts of the bank to better serve our customers with sustainability priorities, including tender support, strategy, market opportunities, queries and questions
- Owning our sustainability reporting and disclosure to drive performance through annual reporting and online channels. Acting as a key point of contact for the Chief Accountant’s Office, annual report and accounts team, and investor relations
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for an expert people manager and analytical thinker with knowledge and experience of sustainability and corporate responsibility as a business discipline. Strong communications, networking and influencing skills are a must, as you’ll be engaging with senior and executive level stakeholders.
In addition, you'll need deep knowledge of climate change science, policy and third sector dimensions with a good understanding of current and emerging policy on climate and other environmental issues. Alongside this, you'll need strong analytical skills commensurate with leading quantitative projects, consultancy engagements or forming policy advice.
You’ll also need:
- Experience of external stakeholder engagement, negotiation and influence, including third sector or campaign group engagement, and managing strategic partnerships
- Knowledge of sustainability assurance standards
- An understanding of the financial services industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to think strategically and translate strategy and plans into actions
- Experience of project management, governance and budget management
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the please and we’ll do everything we can to help.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.