Please note this vacancy is presently only available to employees of East Dunbartonshire Council and agency workers currently on assignment.
This vacancy is temporary for two years. Salary will be pro-rated for part-time hours.
East Dunbartonshire Council’s Housing Service is looking for a Homelessness Adviser to:Work with team members to meet the requirements of homelessness households or those at risk of homelessness to ensure compliance with homelessness legislation. Work with internal and external services to prevent and alleviate homelessness as per legislation and Single Outcome Agreement in order to ensure that the team achieve the business improvement plan objectives. Support the Homelessness Team through a culture of team work and flexibility, contributing to the overall success of the Council. Work to continuously improve service delivery and performance of the Homelessness and Prevention Team
You should have extensive Housing/Homelessness experience, be capable of undertaking research, be self-motivated, flexible and customer/team focused. Ideally you should hold relevant qualifications i.e. Shelter Law and/or Level 4/5 Housing diploma
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria;
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.Website links
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.