Love driving a Bus?
Want to continue your career with one of London’s largest Bus operators?
If you’ve answered yes; then Stagecoach London are currently looking for PCV qualified Bus Drivers to join our fantastic team at Catford Garage. Apply today to be considered for this amazing opportunity!
There’s much more to being a driver with Stagecoach than getting the bus from A to B.
You’ll be part of the lifeblood of our local community – making sure that Sarah gets to her university lectures on time. You’ll say hello to James on his way to hospital to see his new baby boy. You’ll help Vikram get to his first day at his new job.
You’ll be the face of our business – playing an incredibly important role each and every day safely and comfortably transporting our fantastic customers to work, to the high street, to our cities, towns and villages, to healthcare and community services to days away and nights out.
Aside from the reward of delivering an incredible experience to our customers, there’s plenty more we can offer:
- Great regular income £12.50 to £14.97 per hour based on experience (£10.75 per hour while training) – paid weekly so it’s never too long between pay cheques (not that we pay by cheque – straight into your account every Friday!) You will also receive pay increases based on length of service.
- Guaranteed Hours – you’ll receive a minimum contract of 38 hours per week.
- Free travel – for you and a household member on TfL bus and rail services (this is a non-contractual benefit)
- Job security – we’ve been going since 1980, we turnover £1.3bn per year, and we’re not planning on hanging our boots up anytime soon!
- Flexibility – we’ve got different shifts available with different days off each week so you can fit work around your existing commitments.
- Brilliant working environment – you’re not stuck at a desk, your boss isn’t stood over you. You’re out and about, trusted to look after our customers and enjoy yourself at the same time. It’s just like being your own boss in fact!
- Promotions – Want to fly up the ladder? Great! We’ve got plenty of colleagues who started life as a driver but are now Supervisors, Trainers and Managers within our business. Likewise, you want to focus your career on driving a bus then that’s absolutely fine by us.
There’s a few things we need from you:
- Passion for delivering a great customer experience.
- PCV licence, with a maximum of 6 points and no driving bans within the last 5 years
And that’s it…we’ll help you with everything else you need to know!
So if you like the sound of being a professional driver and customer ambassador for Stagecoach London, we have vacancies for trainee bus drivers at our Catford garage (and it’s outstation at Kangley Bridge Road garage in Lower Sydenham)
Click on "Apply now" to be considered for these fantastic opportunities!
Notice Pertinent to COVID-19
Please be advised that due to the COVID-19 breakout, application acknowledgement and standard turn-around times may vary tentative to the daily escalation of the outbreak. We appreciate this is an uncertain time for all, and likewise we wish to re-assure you that Stagecoach London remains committed to the hunt for the brightest and best talent available so will be touch as soon as we can!
Stay safe and well
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.