Fancy being part of the lifeblood of your local community?
We are currently recruiting for trainee bus drivers.
Want to get out and meet some amazing people across London with a company that offers you a great pay, company pension and all the training you need? Then why not become a trainee bus driver at our Barking Garage by applying with us today!
Once you have qualified as a bus driver, you’ll make sure that Sarah gets to her university lectures on time. You’ll say hello to James on his way to hospital to see his new baby boy. You’ll help Vikram get to his first day at his new job.
And you thought being a bus driver was all about driving!
You’ll be the face of our business – playing an incredibly important role each and every day safely and comfortably transporting our customers to work, to the high street, to healthcare and community service to days away and nights out.
Aside from the reward of delivering an incredible experience to our customers, there’s plenty more we can offer:
- Great regular income £12.65 per hour (£10.75 training rate) – paid weekly so it’s never too long between pay cheques (not that we pay by cheque – straight into your account every Friday!) You will also receive pay increases based on length of service.
- Guaranteed Hours – you’ll receive a minimum contract of 38 hours per week.
- Free travel – for you and a household member on TfL bus and rail services (this is a non-contractual benefit)
- Job security – we’ve been going since 1980, we turnover £1.3bn per year, and we’re not planning on hanging our boots up anytime soon!
- Flexibility – we’ve got different shifts available with different days off each week so you can fit work around your existing commitments.
- Brilliant working environment – you’re not stuck at a desk, your boss isn’t stood over you. You’re out and about, trusted to look after our customers and enjoy yourself at the same time. It’s just like being your own boss in fact!
- Skill for life – we’ll teach you to drive a bus for free in our fantastic in-house training academy.
- Promotions – want to start by driving a bus but want to fly up the ladder? Great! We’ve got plenty of colleagues who started life as a driver but are now Supervisors, Trainers and Managers within our business. Likewise, you want to focus your career on driving a bus then that’s absolutely fine by us.
There’s only a few things we need from you:
- Full UK driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points.
- You are over 18 years old.
- Passion for delivering a great customer experience.
And that’s it…we’ll help you with everything else you need!
So if you like the sound of being a professional driver and customer ambassador for Stagecoach London, we have vacancies for trainee bus drivers at our Barking garage in East London.
Click on "Apply now" to be considered for these fantastic opportunities!
Notice Pertinent to COVID-19
Please be advised that due to the COVID-19 breakout, application acknowledgement and standard turn-around times may vary tentative to the daily escalation of the outbreak. We appreciate this is an uncertain time for all, and likewise we wish to re-assure you that Stagecoach London remains committed to the hunt for the brightest and best talent available so will be touch as soon as we can!
Stay safe and well
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.