Edinburgh Living Wage: £9.34 per hour (including living wage allowance, pro-rata for 40 weeks sessional)
Hours: various hours available from 16 to 20 hours per week
We are looking for 4 permanent Cleaning Operatives to join the team in the Currie area, specifically for the following schools:
• Currie Primary School and Nursery 1 x 20 hours per week
• Currie High School 3 x 16 hours per week
These posts are Monday to Friday and are sessional (40 weeks per year)
• The cleaning of all surfaces, internal glass, floors, furniture, fixtures and fittings within a group of buildings.
• The cleaning of all sanitary areas, toilets and showers and the replenishment of washroom consumables.
• Emergency and re-active cleaning as required, e.g. removal of graffiti, body fluid spillages, accidental spillages.
• The care and cleanliness of all equipment used in carrying out the above duties.
The post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the City of Edinburgh Council.
The City of Edinburgh Council applies a Living Wage allowance to ensure that all employees earn at least £9.34 per hour. Successful applicants will be paid the hourly rate as advertised, plus the allowance, in order to bring their earnings to £9.34 per hour.
Follow us on Twitter at @edincounciljobs
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.