Job Title: Resilience Specialist (Business Continuity)
Department / Team: Security, Resilience & Protection Department
Business Unit / Division:
Reports to: Regional Resilience Manager (UK and EMEA)
Standard Life Aberdeen is a leading global asset management company with a global footprint. The Security, Resilience & Protection Office is committed to delivering a global, scalable and efficient service, providing expertise to enable the whole company to operate safely and securely for our customers, clients, our people and shareholders.
As part of the Business Resilience Team, the Resilience Specialist (Business Continuity) is responsible for the maintenance of Standard Life Aberdeen's Business Continuity Framework and capability. This is achieved by delivering a range of planning, testing, exercising and risk assessment activities which are aligned to the business continuity lifecycle and policy, certification, regulatory and client and customer requirements.
- Support business areas to implement and maintain their business continuity plans and recovery plans within the existing business continuity framework, in line with policy and minimum standards.
- Ensure consistency and currency of all business continuity plans and recovery plans across the global organisation
- Undertake analysis based on business continuity and response planning to identify opportunities to mitigate, manage or remove risks which threaten our ability to continue to operate during an incident or interruption.
- Coordinate the testing and exercising activities within the business continuity framework on behalf of the Regional Business Continuity Leads and analyse the results to identify local or thematic risks and issues. This includes, but is not limited to all WPR Recovery Testing, Call Chain Testing and Scenario Testing.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the company e.g. IT, Operational Risk to ensure we contribute to an organizational view of resilience capabilities and recovery requirements. Operate controls which govern Business Continuity Framework in alignment with regulatory requirements and ISO 22301 certification standards and make information and evidence available for regulator, client and audit purposes
- Prepare regular reporting on current Business Continuity capabilities, testing and exercising results and planned activities for governance forums, control self-assessments and management oversight
Core Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Recognised Business Continuity certification or qualification e.g. membership of the Business Continuity Institute (MBCI)
- Knowledge of control and risk management processes and the ability to make risk judgements.
- Able to work with others in the organisation; able to build relationships and trust; good communication skills, both in presentation and writing
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Build Relationships
- Development and continuous improvement
- Innovation and creativity
- Planning and prioritisation
We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all forms of difference are valued and which is free from any form of unfair or unlawful treatment. We define diversity in its broadest sense – this includes but is not limited to our diversity of educational and professional backgrounds, experience, cognitive and neurodiversity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and ethnicity and geographical provenance. Standard Life Aberdeen supports a culture that values meritocracy, fairness and transparency and welcomes enquiries from everyone.
If you need assistance or an adjustment due to a disability please let us know as part of your application and we will assist.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.