Team Manager – Operations
Salary: £34.1k - £42.7k per annum (dependent on skills and experience)
An opportunity has arisen for the post of Team Manager based in the Glasgow Depot, reporting to the Engineering Manager. Responsibilities include:
- Managing operational activities within budget allocations.
- Managing both SGN employees and contractors across all the range of operational activities, including the Emergency, Repair, Connections, Replacement and Reinstatement processes.
- Providing a safe, efficient and effective service to all of our customers.
- Performance Management, delivering improvements in performance by embracing innovation and challenging the norm.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- An extensive knowledge of the gas industry, legislation, and related health and safety policies and procedures is essential.
- Highly motivated with a flexible and positive approach to work.
- Good leadership, organisational, diagnostic and problem-solving skills and be able to act on your own initiative.
- Effective communication skills at all levels, within and beyond your own team.
- Committed to safety and to providing coaching & leadership.
- Be prepared to do extra to support colleagues during high workloads and incidents
WHO ARE WE?
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.