Join us in Edinburgh, Manchester or Birmingham as a Model Risk Officer
- This is a key role where we’ll look to you to lead the development and maintenance of quantitative models used in the bank’s risk frameworks
- You'll have the chance to supervise the day-to-day operation of analysts in your team, giving depth and variety to your development
- This role is open for applications from Wednesday 13th May and closes on Friday 12th June 2020
- We're offering a competitive salary
What you'll do
As a Model Risk Officer, you’ll be integral in the design, development and maintenance of effective and compliant statistical risk and decision support models and related analytics. You’ll be leading a team of highly technically skilled managers and model developers, making sure that you support their ongoing coaching and development.
You’ll also be:
- Providing the business and other stakeholders with advice and support on model use, model impact and model implementation
- Supporting regulatory engagement and internal governance in relation to risk models and model frameworks
- Supporting the business through developing and maintaining risk and decision-support models
- Making sure that our methodologies, model work and products are fit for purpose
- Providing actionable MI on all aspects of model performance
- Assisting your team manager with setting objectives for analytical resource and assessing performance
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with experience of working in a modelling function or a related quantitative function, part of which is from a retail or wholesale banking environment. You’ll also be qualified to degree level in a numerate discipline with a background in data driven analysis and statistical or mathematical modelling.
Along with this, you have programming experience, including Python, R or Julia, with an understanding of data and how data and models work collaboratively for clients. Additionally, we'll look for you to have SQL and database knowledge, and graph databases would be an advantage.
To be successful in this role, you’ll also need:
- Experience of the development and practical application of risk models, including scoring and model monitoring
- Knowledge of scorecard for retail credit, IRB and IFRS9 models, stress testing and an understanding of machine learning techniques for retail credit
- Extensive banking and financial services experience
- A broad background of risk systems, methodologies and processes in a retail or wholesale bank environment
- Excellent collaboration skills with the ability to work well as part of a team, sharing ideas and learning from others
- The ability to translate complex and statistical techniques into simple, easily understood concepts
- Exceptional writing skills
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the please and we’ll do everything we can to help.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.