Interested in working for an organisation ranked as one of the UK’s top-performing private companies in The Sunday Times HSBC Top Track 100?
Menzies Distribution has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced 7.5 Tonne Driver to join our Aberdeen Parcels Team. Our team play a vital role in supporting our business to deliver world-class service and time-critical freight across Aberdeen.
Joining our experienced distribution team, you’ll do so much more than you think! You will play an integral part in the efficient day to day operations, you will work closely with our experienced operations team who will support you to manage a busy commercial multi-drop schedule.
When you’re in the warehouse you will support the safe loading and unloading of stock from our HGV’s into the warehouse, assist the stock control team to manage inbound and outbound stock through the warehouse and support colleagues to achieve challenging packing, scanning and sorting efficiency targets.
When you’re not in the Warehouse, you’ll be out and about delivering pallets and parcels to our customers throughout the region. You'll have the opportunity to drive one of our state-of-the-art 7.5 Tonne vehicles and benefit from our continued investment in technology which will free you up to deliver an uncompromised level of service.
Our customers will rely on you to deliver our promises, therefore, we will rely on you to ensure each delivery reaches our customers on time, in perfect condition and with a
big smile too.
So, if you love driving, have a natural energy and prefer multi-drop work, then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
And, let’s not forget you will be joining one of the UK’s largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the ‘extra mile’ is at the heart of our company ethos.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Ensure the vehicle is loaded safely and within the legislation
- Ensure security of the vehicle and goods contained during transit to the customer
- All deliveries reach the customer safely, efficiently and on time
- Ensure Tachograph legislation is adhered to
- Complete daily vehicle checks, both pre and post-shift
- Keep an accurate and honest record of all vehicle checks
- Adhere to company procedures and policies
- Manage housekeeping tasks
WHAT YOU NEED
- Valid Category C1 Drivers Licence
- Valid Transport DCPC & Digi Card
- A detailed understanding of the rules and regulation around drivers' hours
- Physically fit to meet the demands of a multi-drop driving role
- Hardworking, positive and a flexible attitude to work
- No previous disqualifications for NI, DD or DR
**You will also need to complete a 5-year criminal background check before commencing employment**
HOW WE WILL REWARD YOU
In addition to a competitive remuneration package and company benefits, we provide ongoing development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
- 28 Days Annual Leave
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Life Cover
- Eye Care
- Discounted Cinema Vouchers
- Free On-Site Parking
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. It’s critical we have diverse talent, views and thinking if we are to deliver exceptional client value and solve the world’s important problems.
We seek to attract and recruit people from the widest talent pool, who reflect the society in which we work. And we aim to encourage an inclusive culture where people can feel empowered to be the very best they can be and to reach their full potential creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.