Retail Catering Manager
Full time (39 hours per week) Monday to Friday
Location: Forth Valley Royal Hospital
Salary: £36,000 - £40,000 per annum, dependent upon experience
The role of Retail Catering Manager will manage all aspects of the service within Forth Valley Royal Hospital (FVRH) including procurement, production, presentation and delivery of the operation within the catering outlets, hospitality and vending services.
The post holder will maintain line management responsibility for the retail team within FVRH to ensure services are delivered by an appropriately trained team and in compliance to legislation, local policy and industry best practice. As the Retail Catering Manager, you will maintain financial and budgetary responsibility for the service to income and margin levels are maximised.
You will also maintain active membership of the wider business Retail Catering Forum and provide input and data as and when requested.
- Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate is essential
- HND or city and guilds 706/1, 2, 3. (or equivalent) is essential
- Minimum of three years management / supervisory catering experience preferably within the healthcare, contract catering or retail sectors.
- Experience of managing the client relationship.
- Practical experience of quality audits in to ensure client / customer satisfaction
- Will need to be entrepreneurial, passionate and creative
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Personnel and Recruitment knowledge required
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Customer focused
Meaningful and vital work: Working within soft services at Serco means that you’ll play a critical role in ensuring that patients continue to receive the care they need 24/7.
A world of opportunity: It takes a diverse team to support a hospital and we’re big on internal progression. So, whether you specialise your skills, progress into team management or move into operations, you’ll find all the opportunity you need to evolve your career.
Great people: Hospitals are busy places and you will find yourself interacting with staff, patients, visitors and of course your supportive team. You will be part of the hospital.
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- The chance to make a positive difference to the wider public.
- Interesting, varied and enjoyable work.
- A company that recognises your contribution.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application.
Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We’re a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.