Home based covering Bonnyrigg
We’re looking for a member pioneer to join us at Co-op, working 4 hours a week (16 across the month). In this unique role you’ll be focused on bringing people together to make a difference in your community. That means talking to Co-op members, colleagues and community groups we support. By building relationships with and connecting these people you’ll be the catalyst for new ideas, initiatives and projects.
We plan to have a member pioneer dedicated to each of our communities and you’ll be a part of this ambitious plan for a better future increasing community co-operation. It’s an opportunity to make a visible difference where you live, supported by an organisation with nearly 70,000 colleagues and over 4.5 million members.
What you’ll do:
• develop an action plan to improve your community, focussed on; health and wellbeing, endangered spaces and education and skills
• establish and run a local community forum, or make connections with one that already exists
• build a strong network locally using social media to help
• understand your community needs, keeping your ear to the ground
• keep on top of events in your community which you could partner with to support your ambitious plans
• prioritise your time, making your hours count and focusing on opportunities to make the biggest difference
This role would suit someone who:
• has lots of enthusiasm with the ability to get things moving
• loves working with and connecting people with an inspirational communication style
• is confident using social media and other IT (ideally including tools like Google suite or Skype)
• is committed and dedicated
• is adaptable and will try different ways to get a successful outcome
• lives within or very close to the community this vacancy supports and has the flexibility with their time to suit the community they serve
As a member pioneer you’ll have the chance to support local communities, making a visible difference by encouraging people to work together. As a Co-op colleague you’ll also receive a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits including:
• discounts on Co-op products and services, including 20% discount around payday
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to the interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.