Interested in working for an organisation ranked as one of the UK’s top-performing private companies in The Sunday Times HSBC Top Track 100?
Menzies Distribution has an excellent opportunity for an experienced driver to join our Highland Parcels team on a temporary basis. Our team play a vital role in supporting our business to deliver world-class service and time-critical parcels to our customers located across Lochgilphead.
Joining our team, you’ll do so much more than you think! You will play an integral part in the efficient day to day operations and will work closely with our experienced operations team who will proactively support you to manage a busy multi-drop schedule.
When you’re in the warehouse you will support the safe loading and unloading of stock from our HGV’s into the warehouse, assist the stock control team to manage inbound and outbound stock through the warehouse and support your fellow warehouse colleagues to pack, scan and sort orders for delivery.
When you’re not in the warehouse you’ll be out and about delivering parcels of all shapes and sizes to both residential and commercial addresses.
You'll have the opportunity to drive one of our modern vehicles and you’ll benefit from our continued investment in track & trace technology which will free you up to deliver an uncompromised level of service to our customers.
Our customers will rely on us to deliver our promises, therefore, we will rely on you to ensure each delivery reaches our customers on-time, in perfect condition and with a big smile too.
And, let’s not forget you will be joining one of the UK’s largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the ‘extra mile’ is at the heart of our company ethos.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Scan all goods on and off your vehicle and ensure all deliveries are accurately recorded
• Check the quality of packed orders
• Manually unload and upload parcels for delivery
• Make sure the vehicle is loaded safely and within the legislation
• Ensure parcels are delivered to residential and commercial customers safely, efficiently and on time
• Ensure security of the vehicle and goods contained during transit
• Complete all documentation as per company procedure
• Keep the warehouse safe, clean and tidy
• Adhere to company procedures and policies
WHAT YOU NEED
1. A full UK/EU/EEA driving licence for at least 4 years with no more than 6 penalty points
2. The ‘Right To Work’ in the UK with no serious unspent criminal convictions
3. No previous disqualifications DD, TT, DR, CD, IN
4. Familiarity with most of the streets and commercial addresses
5. Physically fit to meet the demands of a multi-drop driving role
6. Hardworking, positive and a flexible attitude to work**You will also need to complete a 5-year criminal background check before commencing employment**
HOW WE WILL REWARD YOU
In addition to a competitive remuneration package and company benefits, we provide ongoing development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
• 28 Days Annual Leave
• Company Pension Scheme
• Cycle To Work Scheme
• Life Cover
• Eye Care
• Discounted Cinema Vouchers
• Free On-Site Parking
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. It’s critical we have diverse talent, views and thinking if we are to deliver exceptional client value and solve the world’s important problems.
We seek to attract and recruit people from the widest talent pool, who reflect the society in which we work. And we aim to encourage an inclusive culture where people can feel empowered to be the very best they can be and to reach their full potential creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.