Interested in working for an organisation ranked as one of the UK’s top-performing private companies in The Sunday Times HSBC Top Track 100?
Are you an HGV Driver fed up of not knowing when you’re working next, or when your work will die down? Maybe you’ve recently passed your test and you’re now looking for a company that’s willing to give you the opportunity to kick off your career? Then look no further!
Menzies Distribution has an excellent opportunity for a Category C (Class 2) HGV Driver to join our Highland Parcels team. Our team are responsible for supporting our Parcels operations to systematically plan, implement and control the efficient movement of parcels between our network of West Coast distribution centres
This role is all about driving! You'll have the opportunity to drive one of our modern rigid vehicles, every journey will be supported by our continued investment in technology which will free you up to deliver an uncompromised level of service.
When you are not behind the wheel you will support the safe unloading and loading of your vehicle and liaise with colleagues regarding projected delivery times and/or issues that might compromise our service delivery.
Plus, your weekends are free to dedicate to your family, friends, and/or hobbies. And, you’ll be back home after each shift meaning that you will never have to sleep in your vehicle either!
So, if you love driving, have an appetite for exceptional customer service and enjoy delivering a busy multi-drop schedule, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
And, let’s not forget you will be joining one of the UK’s largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the ‘extra mile’ is at the heart of our company ethos.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Planning delivery schedules and routes with the transport manager
- Supervising and helping to load and unload goods
- Ensure the vehicle is loaded and unloaded safely and within the legislation (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods)
- Following traffic reports and changing your route, if necessary
- Safeguard the security of the vehicle and goods contained during transit to the customer
- Manoeuvre HGV into loading or unloading position
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Completing delivery paperwork and logbooks
- Refuel and clean vehicle
WHAT YOU NEED
- A valid Category C (Class 2) Drivers Licence with a maximum of 6 points, for insurance purposes
- The ‘Right To Work’ in the UK with no serious unspent criminal convictions
- No previous disqualifications DD, TT, DR, CD, IN
- A valid digital tacho card and CPC card
- A detailed understanding of the rules and regulation around drivers' hours
- Physically fit to meet the demands of a multi-drop driving role
- Hardworking, positive and a flexible attitude to work
**You will also need to complete a 5-year criminal background check before commencing employment**
HOW WE WILL REWARD YOU
In addition to a competitive remuneration package and company benefits, we provide ongoing development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
- 28 Days Annual Leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Fully Funded CPC Refresher
- Life Cover
- Eye Care
- Discounted Cinema Vouchers
- Free On-Site Parking
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. It’s critical we have diverse talent, views and thinking if we are to deliver exceptional client value and solve the world’s important problems.
We seek to attract and recruit people from the widest talent pool, who reflect the society in which we work. And we aim to encourage an inclusive culture where people can feel empowered to be the very best they can be and to reach their full potential creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.