- Sector: Aquaculture
- Location: PA31 8PE
- £28,378 to £34,459 per annum, Performance Contract at 5% gross salary.
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Louise Curtis
- Reference: Fish Health & Welfare Manager
Landcatch Natural Selection Ltd is the UK salmon division of Hendrix-Genetics. The world’s leading animal breeding company. In Scotland, we specialize in the management of a local breeding programmer and the production of high-quality smolts.
As Fish Health and Welfare Manager, you are responsible for the quality and wellbeing of the stock in all locations and operations (hatchery, freshwater, and broodstock). You will work closely with the production managers and provide guidance to the site’s Fish Health Monitors.
We seek individuals who may possess the following core Skills/experience:
- Attention to detail
- Researching and Investigative.
- Independent / Confident.
- Able to travel including overnights away will be required at times throughout the year.
- Degree in finfish aquaculture health, biology, or related subjects.
- At least 5 years of working experience in salmonid aquaculture (Required)
- Understanding of regulatory frameworks; Freshwater and Broodstock Fish health. (Required)
- Understanding of QMS, EMS, and H&S. (Desired)
Your key areas of accountability will be:
- Management of Fish Health and Welfare Routine monitoring and diagnostics.
- Management of Health and Welfare during handling events (such as but not limited to grading, fish transfers, thinning, vaccinating, stripping, sorting, data capture):
o Manage pre-event meetings. Discuss SOPs and risk areas.
o SOP audit during the event.
o Manage post-event review to highlight errors or adjust SOPs if needed.
- Control of budget, projects, and capital expenditure
- Assist Production Managers in achieving best results
The post is permanent and full-time with the following employment package:
- A competitive remuneration package
- Ample room for personal development
- The time and space to adapt to challenges and get the job done
- A team of passionate, hard-working professionals who also know when and how to relax
- Excellent benefits including health and life insurance;
- Our people matter to us. Regardless of the field you work in, expect a friendly atmosphere where everybody counts
- An open-minded and international atmosphere with over 3,400 employees in more than 25 countries worldwide
You will be part of the management team of the company and directly reporting to the General Manager. You will have no direct reports but be the functional supervisor to the Fish Health Monitors.
Education: Bachelor/Master in finfish aquaculture health, biology, or related subjects.
Experience: At least 5 years of working experience in salmonid aquaculture.
Knowledge needed: Understanding of regulatory frameworks; Freshwater and Broodstock Fish health.
Knowledge desirable: Understanding of QMS, EMS, and H&S.
Language: Fluent in English.
Attention to detail
Researching and Investigative.
Independent / Confident.
Competent MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Travel including overnights away will be required at times throughout the year.