About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organisations and communities across the globe.
Location: Dumbarton, Scotland
• Lead and execute testing of new product prototypes and development equipment, and analyse performance characteristics in line with specification.
• Carry out testing in conformance with departmental standards and procedures, and collate results in an orderly and timely fashion.
• Develop performance metrics and design methods of reporting characteristics.
• Identify record, resolve and communicate technical problems that are identified during the test process.
• Work closely with the design teams to understand validation requirements and design test rigs where necessary.
• Escalate technical issues that cannot be resolved and ensure each issue is closed off with an appropriate technical and manufacturing solution.
• Communicate progress to the Validation Engineering Manager and highlight any areas in which targets are unlikely to be met as soon as possible.
• Undertake and contribute to Root Cause Analysis investigations.
• Provide guidance and specialist support to Development Test Engineers.
• Active role in the generation, control and upkeep of departmental procedures and processes.
Indicative performance measures / Key interdependencies:
• Validation projects designed within budget, timescales and specification
• Field trials managed and performance metrics developed and assessed
Person Specification: Education/Qualifications
• An HNC/HND or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, or have served a recognised apprenticeship in an electrical discipline, or have equivalent related experience.
• Electrical & Controls design experience beneficial.
• Experience of equipment and systems testing. Ideally have experience of the testing and maintenance of power generators and temperature control equipment.
• Experience in OEE, performance measurement and analytic techniques/reporting.
• Experience in a design office environment.
• Marine background or experience in power generation, propulsion/rotating machinery.
• Ability to understand and interpret schematic drawings and follow, to resolution, logical fault identification processes.
• Target focussed, able to cope with demanding development schedules and ready to work out-with normal hours when the job requires.
• Familiar in working within a PTW system and practices.
• Computer literate with effective communication and administrative skills
• Experience of writing switching programmes
• Experienced in process instrumentation, pressure transducers, temperature measurement, fault finding and installation.
• Experienced in performance measurement of rotating machinery, electrical power measurement and electrical efficiency.
Personal skills/ Desired Behaviours
• Effective team player with a positive attitude.
• An appetite to become an expert in the field.
• Capable of working to tight deadlines under minimal supervision.
• Flexible and willing to take on additional responsibilities.
• Must be able to manage own travel requirements and be able to travel to project sites as required
• Understands customers’ perceptions of quality and champions their interests without detriment to the Company.
• Innovative thinking and encourages this in others. Develops new pathways to achieving objectives.
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange.
Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.