You’ll ensure the core functions of our Finance function operate in a timely and accurate manner, leading these Financial Control core groups;
- Financial Operations & Control – they ensure the accuracy of reporting to internal and external stakeholders through robust processes, analysis, review, reconciliation and risk management.
- Treasury (Middle and Back Office) - they process settlements and payments, ensuring a controlled framework of monitoring processes, risks and controls exist over the end-to-end Treasury function.
- Regulatory Reporting – they ensure accurate and timely provision of reports to our regulators, managing application of the rules with appropriate interpretations.
- Statutory Reporting & Technical Accounting - they oversee our critical accounting estimates, the application of appropriate accounting standards and delivery of our external reporting.
Your responsibility covers both the Sainsbury’s Bank & Argos Financial Services legal entities.
- Leading your team of circa 25 Finance colleagues, providing direction, challenge and support. As a member of the wider Finance Leadership Group, you’ll help to deliver a positive, open culture where high performing colleagues can meet their full potential.
- Ensuring timely and accurate production of financial outputs for use internally and externally, including Statutory Accounts and Regulatory Returns.
- Managing relationships with regulatory bodies, such as the PRA & our auditors.
- Facilitating sign-off at Audit Committee, Board and Group level of our financial performance & public disclosures.
- Taking accountability for the full integrity of accounting records and control of subjective judgments in financial accounting and reporting.
- Supporting commercial decision making through articulation of regulatory and accounting impacts of different approaches, proactively recommending alternatives if undesirable.
- Through your Treasury team, directing the management of Treasury Support functions, ensuring a controlled framework of monitoring processes, risks and control. You’ll provide independent oversight, challenge and advisory support which will facilitate the accurate, safe and timely processing of settlements and payments supporting trading.
- Creating and delivering a strategy for the continued development, streamlining and strengthening of the broad function, who actively believe in the target culture and organisational values.
- You’ll act as a formal deputy to our Head of Strategic Finance & Control.
To operate at the specified level of seniority and fulfil expectations across the full range of technical areas, you’ll need a holistic understanding of the environment in which Sainsbury’s Bank operates. You must be able to challenge colleagues in a collaborative and constructive manner, question regulatory and technical accounting interpretations to ensure appropriate application and be able to represent/understand the perspective of internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll have a professional accountancy qualification, coupled with suitable experience, including;
- Robust knowledge of IFRS accounting standards, particularly as impacts Financial Services.
- Good understanding of regulatory reporting requirements.
- Strong grasp of the principles of financial control, audit and risk management and how this drives the control environment within a Financial Services organisation.
- Good technical understanding of finance operation processes and treasury support.
- Managed and lead multiple teams, whilst managing relationships across other functions.
In addition to the all- important competitive salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So, we want to shout out some of our other great benefits…
- We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance
- Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table
- Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We’ve got it covered through your Sainsburys, Argos and Habitat store discount card
- Cycle to work scheme and great coffee and cake!
We’re proud of our heritage as the UK’s first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers.
Technology is where we see our growth therefore we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We’re a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers’ financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury’s Group, being one of the UK’s most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential.
Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome at the Sainsbury’s Group, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. If you’re interested in applying and are excited about working with us, but are unsure if you have the right skills and experience – we’d still love to hear from you! Apply today and we’ll be in touch (we’re also happy to discuss flexible working options (including part time)).
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.