- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 126345
We are looking to recruit warehouse operatives who will be responsible for picking orders for our shops at our distribution centre in Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire.
We offer a permanent full time position working lates from 14:00 to 22:00 5 days from 7 each week (usually including at least one weekend day).
Pay, working hours & benefits:
We offer an hourly pay rate of £10.20 (£8.67 if you are under 21) and you will be guaranteed a minimum of 39 hours work per week. This means you will be earning at least £397 per week (£338 if you are under 21) and if you’re looking to earn a bit more then overtime is regularly available.
In addition to your pay you will also benefit from:
- 30 days annual leave.
- Regular breaks during your shift (plus additional warming breaks when picking in the cold store).
- Full training provided.
- Free canteen facilities.
- 15% staff discount to use in any of our 300+ shops on a great range of food and household essentials.
- A smart uniform and all PPE provided at no cost to you.
- Free life assurance.
- Workplace pension.
As one of our warehouse operatives you will:
- Accurately and quickly pick stock onto pallets ready for delivery to shops.
- Keep accurate records.
- Carry out general maintenance and cleaning of the warehouse.
- Work within the health and safety requirements of the site.
Most warehouse operatives start with us picking orders however there may also be opportunities beyond this to work in our goods in and loading operations.
You will need:
- To be physically fit as this is a demanding role and you will be expected to achieve productivity targets.
- A friendly, positive, hard working approach to work.
- Although it is not essential, if you have experience of working in a warehouse environment or experience working with manual handling equipment then let us know about it in your application.
A bit about us:
Farmfoods are a family business with ambition. We pride ourselves on offering our customers great value, quality products from clean and tidy shops with the friendliest team in retail.
We aim to offer sensational value to customers on a great range of everyday family oriented goods. We back up our sensational value with a focus on delivering an ‘old fashioned’, genuine and friendly customer experience.
Our warehouse operatives are the backbone of our distribution operation and are essential to ensuring our shops have everything they need to deliver a great service to our customers.