Receptionist & Host
- Full Time
- Contact: Katie Cameron
- Reference: Receptionist & Host
- Posted November, 20, 2023 11:45 AM
Woodlands Glencoe operates luxury lodges, golf and activities on a stunning estate near Ballachulish village. Based from our central Clubhouse building, you will be the first point of contact for all customers and very important in making their experience with us extra-ordinary!...
Woodlands Glencoe is a family business that leads the way when it comes to providing amazing and truly unforgettable experiences – in our luxury lodges, golf course and activity centre. Our business has been built on family values, positivity and hard work. We have big ambitions and are growing fast, so if you share our belief that the right mindset and work ethic can get you anywhere, we want to hear from you!
About the role:
Based in our central Clubhouse building, you will be the first point of contact for all customers and very important in making their experience with us extra-ordinary! Days will pass quickly as you help and assist visitors across all areas of our business, but in particular:
- Answering guest questions and queries both in person, email and over the phone.
- Supporting guests to help them have a fun, memorable time.
- Managing our online booking/reservation systems to maximise revenue and ensure efficient operations.
- Administrative tasks likes responding to reviews on Google / TripAdvisor / Facebook etc.
- Keeping the Clubhouse building and our honesty lounge clean, tidy and organised.
We're a small close-knit team who enjoy getting to know customers and making sure they have a fantastic time while in the area. It is a busy business, so can be stressful at times and it’s key that you enjoy working in an energetic and fast paced environment!
We are passionate about building an award-winning, market leading business that achieves real excellence. A huge part of this is building a brilliant team – we are positive, like to work hard and get things done and you will be expected to do the same! In return we will support and train you as best we can, offering a remuneration of between £23,000 – £25,000 per annum depending on experience and 28 days paid holiday.
Shifts usually start at either 7am or 1pm, are between 8 and 10 hours long (typically 40 hours per week) and weekend work is likely. This is a full-time, year-round role but part-time work may be available too. Please just let us know in your application.
Things we look at for excellence in this role:
- You are customer focussed, enjoy working with the public and always act in a positive,
professional, enthusiastic and helpful way.
- You’re a great communicator – both in person, over the phone and email.
- You have an excellent understanding of our business / local area, and a good
knowledge of the information that customers require.
- You present yourself well and have a friendly / approachable demeanour.
- You are very competent with a computer, and make sure your online booking systems
are always accurate and up to date.
- You have excellent organisational / administration skills. Are detail oriented, double
check everything and rarely makes mistakes.
- You follow and feed into our Standard Operating Procedures – Handbooks, ASANA &
our Online Management System.
- You move fast and like to work efficiently to get lots done.
- You can stay cool under pressure - handling difficult customers with grace and
- You’re neat, tidy, and organised – keeping the Clubhouse building and reception areas
immaculate at all times.
- You can multitask well and handle interruptions of phone calls etc.
- You’re flexible, and happy to help out wherever needed.
- You have a positive “can do” attitude and are solutions, not problems orientated.
- You’re a team player, and make effort to get along with colleagues
Thank you for taking time to read this application, and we look forward to hearing from you.
We also have Staff Accommodation available to the successful candidate if required.
Create an alert for jobs like this
Be the first to get notified when new jobs are added
You can unsubscribe at any time.
PopularPosted by Lochaber HopeFrom £21,840 per annumFull Time
Are you interested in joining an award-winning Scottish charity whose aim is to provide support to people affected by poor mental health or wellbeing? We have an exciting opportunity to join our New Connections team. It is a full time post with job share/ flexible hours considered.
Work from home PopularPosted by Outdoor Access Trust for Scotland£29,224 to £31,026 per annumFull Time
Working as a key part of the Outdoor Access Trust for Scotland (OATS) team the post holder will lead on Access Projects including path volunteering/maintenance and access projects in the Cairngorms and throughout Scotland.