When you're one of our team, you'll play a vital part in every customer's journey.
The part you'll play
You will ensure that our Gate Coordinator role is delivered safely, on time and consistently in line with service level standards set for both on time and station performance. To influence and facilitate the consistent delivery of a “World Class” product to our Airline Customers.
What you'll need to bring:
• Adhere to and implement the Airport Operator's policies and directives.
• Gather, input and process all data and documentation necessary for the fulfilment of the success of the operation, by manual, automated or computerised systems, including weather reporting and notams (if required), LDM, PSM, Special loads, cargo, mail, DGR, Steps, GPU, ASU, fuel, catering and crew changes
• Carry out area hazard checks. Operate all equipment including Airbridges, company vehicles, aomis systems, agnis/papa systems,radio's, telephones and computer equipment in a safe and efficient manner, if required and in accordance with the relevant training received.
• Ensure all relevant equipment and/or services are in place necessary to complete a safe and efficient turnaround and in sufficient time so as not to jeopardise turnaround and departure time.
• Approach aircraft only when it is safe to do so and in accordance with laid down procedures and relevant training received.
• Notify relevant departments of arrival of aircraft in accordance with laid down procedures and relevant training received.
• Brief colleagues on offload instructions and issue load plan when required.
• Comply at all times with DfT procedures concerning Triple ‘A' in accordance with laid down procedures and relevant training received.
• Co-ordinate safe and efficient disembarkation and boarding of passengers from/to aircraft in accordance with laid down procedures.
• Liaise with colleagues from all departments to ensure safe and efficient turnaround.
• Report any damage, fault or irregularity to the appropriate body irrespective of the circumstances.
• You will process customers using an automated DCS or manual system ensuring full compliance with regulatory, company and airline requirements.
• Ensure cabin baggage compliance.
• Promote a professional image and deliver the highest possible customer service at all time
• Lead a team of gate staff to ensure safe on time departures for all airline customers.
• Deal with disruption and irregularities with confidence and composure.
• You will have excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with passengers.
• Obtain fuel figures and send fuel message if required.
• Liaise with flight and cabin crew in a professional manner at all times
• Ensure that safety is never compromised.
• Be able to consistently deliver the highest possible customer service at all times.
• You will work in all customer service departments including check in, departures and arrivals.
• You will have the ability to drive through policies and procedures representing the Company in a professional manner at all times.
• Ensuring that housekeeping is maintained
• Ability to operate Jetty and good working knowledge of Airside operation.
• Airside driving as required.
• Any other duties as directed by Senior Management.
What you'll get in return
You'll be part of a friendly organisation who values the part their people play. You'll see that there's no place like an airport to work in, either. A unique, fast-paced environment, bustling with people, it's a world in itself, where every day brings a new experience. So, you'll enjoy plenty of variety and development opportunities and you'll have our full support and training, for the whole of your career journey with us.
Working in an Airside role, to follow aviation security requirements, you will be required to hold a full Airside Security Pass. To obtain this we will need 5 years' full referencing history, with a Criminal Record Check.
About Menzies Aviation
Menzies Aviation is a global provider of customer, ramp and cargo handling services. Our people are the friendliest faces and safest of hands for millions of customers, making sure that luggage is processed, aircraft are ready for boarding, and baggage is handled with care.
Operating at over 140 stations in 31 countries and supported by a worldwide team of over 21,000 employees, we serve over 500 airlines handling over a million flights, and 1.6 million tonnes of cargo every year... and, we're still growing our business. We work to be the best at what we do, and that means employing and supporting the best people.