Fixed Term for 2 years
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 1 August 2021. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
You will- be responsible for the delivery of a high-quality customer focused housing service, which delivers the Council's commitments In achieving sustainable communities. You will be responsible for allocating all vacant properties belonging to West Lothian Council and a percentage of vacant properties belonging to registered social landlords.
Responsible for the implementation of all housing policies and procedures and ensure compliance with current-legislation, regulation and good practice.
As an individual you should be highly motivated, be able to plan and organise your workload, achieve performance targets and provide an excellent customer service to our customers and partners.
As an allocations officer you will have the ability to work In a largely unsupervised environment, be competent in decision making process In relation to complex housing tasks and resolve problems to progress projects
Working with applicants who have varying degrees of housing need, delivering a customer focused approach to achieve a better quality of life for customer, adopting a multi-agency approach on an Individual basis.
The skills and experience you must have are:
- Chartered Institute of Housing Level 4 or Significant experience of working In a Housing Environment
- A working knowledge of relevant legislation eg Housing (Scotland) Act 2001
- IT literate - an ability to use software applications, email, excel, data entry, word, powerpoint etc
- Ability to Identify and resolve complex housing Issues Highly developed Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work in a pressured environment
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.