As the largest integrated forestry business in the UK, with over 1700 employees and operations spanning the forestry, sawmilling, timber manufacturing and energy sectors, BSW Timber Group is a rapidly developing multi-site business with a turnover in excess of £500m.
With 7 sawmills in the UK and one in Latvia, manufacturing and supplying a wide range of quality sawn products for a variety of industries, we’re constantly working together to create a sustainable future for British forests and woodlands.
Night Shift Production Operators
- Based Fort William, PH33 7NJ
- £Competitive + Excellent Benefits
- 2 Positions Available
- Permanent Nights, Rotational Shifts | Sunday to Thursday, 9:30pm to 6am & Monday to Friday, 9:30pm to 6am
Working as a Production Operator in our Green Mill, you will contribute towards the creation of quality timber products – on time and to specification.
Specifically, some responsibilities of a Production Operator include:
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment to high standards.
- General cleaning and clearing of work areas of debris between operation shifts.
- Manual handling of timber.
- Operating state of the art sawmilling machinery.
- Working towards set production targets.
- Upholding the appropriate Health & Safety practices.
We are seeking motivated individuals who are quality focused and understands the value of the goods they are producing. A degree of flexibility will be required to ensure operations are maximised, maintained and quality targets are met with minimum wastage. In addition, you will:
- Be self-motivated and have a can-do attitude.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Hold a high level of organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Have appreciation of quality and Health & Safety.
- Be willing to undertake all relevant training required to fulfil the role.
Experience within a manufacturing, or similar production environment, would be advantageous.
In return, you can look forward to developing a long-term career with one of the industry’s leading employers. As well as the competitive salary, this position includes other benefits such as:
- Discounted rate on a range of BSW products including Woodfuel Direct.
- Employee benefits portal with access to exclusive deals and discounts on 100s of high street brands, utilities, eating out and more!
- Confidential 24/7 support with the Well-being hub.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Funded learning and career development opportunities.
- Company provided Life Assurance policy.
Due to night working and the law around young workers, we are unable to accept applications from anyone under the age of 18 for this position.
Interested? Click APPLY to send us your CV and complete our online application form.
Closing date for applications: Friday 30th July 2021
The Company’s Job Applicant Privacy Notice is available on our company website.