Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Edinburgh, Aberdeen or London
Business Area: Risk and Compliance
abrdn is one of the world’s largest investment companies, and we are built on a long standing culture of caring about the future and making a positive impact. Together we invest for a better future. We do it to make a difference to the lives of our clients and customers, our employees, society and our shareholders.Our strategy is to build a vibrant and value-creating purpose-led organisation, with the current and future needs of our stakeholders at the heart of all we do.
abrdn's Risk and Compliance division provides assurance, advice and challenge to drive risk awareness and accountability in our business. Our global department structure is underpinned by the principles of centralisation, regionalisation and specialisation and comprises of: central Shared Services, four regional CRO teams aligned to the business and three specialist teams covering Investment Risk Oversight, Regulatory & Conduct Risk and Corporate & Financial Risk.
Overview of role Responsible for:
The role offers an excellent overview of our business and risk agenda and the opportunity to shape a key function within abrdn’s Risk & Compliance. Key aspects of the role include:
- Coordinating and delivering Risk & Compliance (R&C) reporting across the full range of abrdn boards and committees, spanning our asset management, advice and personal vectors.
- Working with manager to lead development of the risk reporting team framework and operating model, including process simplification, increasing automation and development of streamlined, impactful Risk management information (MI).
- Day-to-day management for one analyst.
Risk & Compliance reporting
- Leading preparation of a broad range of external R&C reports, including for asset management entity boards, board meetings of our adviser and personal firms and regional executive committees.
- Collating and analysing data from across the abrdn group to generate key risk data points and insights in an accessible and actionable format.
- Supporting the Risk Reporting Team Manager in preparing meetings of the abrdn Executive Leadership Team and the board-level Risk and Capital Committee.
- Contributing to Risk inputs for group reports & accounts, other important public disclosures and client due diligence.
Development of risk reporting framework and operating model
- Leading work on the risk reporting team operating model, working with Risk Analytics and CRO teams to develop processes for producing clear, effective and timely risk reports.
- Working closely with colleagues across Risk & Compliance to ensure reporting & MI needs are understood and met.
- Maintaining the Risk Reporting Team framework and standards, including reporting templates and our library of core MI.
Contributing to R&C Committee & Reporting team activities
- Promoting and encouraging a risk culture that underpins SLA’s values and drives risk awareness and accountability.
- Promoting close working with Regional CRO teams (EMEA, APAC, Americas) to ensure a ‘joined up’ approach globally.
- Supervision of one analyst in the team.
- Representing the team in meetings across the R&C function
- Supporting the production of relevant MI on team activities.
Key knowledge, skills & experience
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate complex data into insightful, high quality reporting.
- Strong organisational and delivery skills and good time management.
- Experience of advanced data analytic tools such as Power BI.
- Track record of process improvement, ideally including automation
- Detailed knowledge of financial services and a good understanding of the role of Risk & Compliance.
- Excellent stakeholder relationship building experience
- Strong commitment to personal development and developing others.
- Degree qualified or equivalent professional experience.
There's more to working life than coming home with a good salary. We have an environment where you can learn, get involved and be supported.
When you join us, your reward will be one of the best around, including 40 days annual leave, a 16% employer pension contribution, a discretionary performance based bonus (where applicable), private healthcare and a range of flexible benefits including gym discounts, season ticket loans and access to an employee discount site amongst many others. You can read more about our benefits here.
How we create value
Our strategic drivers are the foundations from which we deliver for all our stakeholders: High Impact Intelligence, Enduring Relationships, Connections without borders and Future fit. You can find out more about how we create value here.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all forms of difference are valued and which is free from any form of unfair or unlawful treatment. We define diversity in its broadest sense – this includes but is not limited to our diversity of educational and professional backgrounds, experience, cognitive and neurodiversity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and ethnicity and geographical provenance. We support a culture that values meritocracy, fairness and transparency and welcomes enquiries from everyone.
If you need assistance or an adjustment due to a disability please let us know as part of your application and we will assist.