Are you committed to providing high quality care to older people by co-ordinating, leading and supporting a team? The role involves managing day to day tasks and auditing to ensure compliance with our quality standards.
Working for CrossReach can provide opportunities for training, personal development and career progression. Our welcoming team will support you to achieve an SVQ level 4 in Social Services and Health Care and open the door to other development opportunities.
We all have something in common, that is we will all grow older. In CrossReach we want to ensure that those who need a service are surrounded by people who want to care and can help to bring a smile to someone brightening their day, improving their quality of life.
This work can be challenging as well as fulfilling. As an organisation your wellbeing is important to us. We have a benefits package which includes a generous pension.
This role will also include working as a Care Team Supervisor on a number of shifts.
Assist the Unit Manager with all aspects of managing the residential, respite and day care services if applicable.
- Assist the Unit Manager in the day to day running of the service.
- Maintain quality standards.
- Contribute to CrossReach’s overall strategic direction.
- Be involved where necessary in new service development to meet the needs in your locality.
- Assist the Unit Manager in developing partnership working.
- Deputise for the Unit Manager when required.
- Manage and supervise designated employees in agreement with the Unit Manager.
- Assist the Unit Manager with the administration of the service budget within the defined parameters.
- Assist the Unit Manager with all aspects of personnel management including: recruitment and selection of staff and absence management through supervision.
- Maintain personnel, training and absence records for all care and ancillary staff.
- Ensure all Heath and Safety procedures are adhered to. This includes keeping work maintenance records.
- Produce shift plans in accordance with care management requirements. This includes review planning.
- Be responsible for the ordering, safe keeping and administration of medications for service users in line with current legislation.
- Be responsible for the ordering of provisions and stock control.
- To demonstrate and share Christian love and support including sharing with others the leading of worship in accordance with CrossReach policy and by ensuring all staff meetings are opened with prayer and Bible reading.
MAINTAIN QUALITY STANDARDS
You will be required to work evening and weekends to monitor the quality of service delivery.
Ensure delivery of a service which meets CrossReach’s quality standards.
Ensure relevant policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
In conjunction with the Unit Manager implement any recommendations from the Care Commission.
Participate in the production of quality improvement plans for the service.
Participate in CrossReach wide annual benchmarking exercise.
Be responsible for staff development by assessment of care workers at SVQ 3.
Ensure all new staff complete the induction programme and workbooks.
CONTRIBUTE TO CROSSREACH’S OVERALL STRATEGIC DIRECTION
Contribute to the overall strategic direction of the organisation through teamwork and involvement in the strategic planning process.
Ensure strategic aims and objectives are cascaded effectively through all grades of staff and the service users.
Assist the Unit Manager in the implementation of CrossReach’s strategic plan.
Assist the Unit Manager with the production of an Annual Report.
BE INVOLVED WHERE NECESSARY IN NEW SERVICE DEVELOPMENT TO MEET THE NEEDS WITHIN YOUR LOCALITY
Be involved as required by the Unit Manager to explore service needs within your locality.
Be involved in any development proposals for change within your service and/or your local area.
Assist the Unit Manager to implement the service development plan.
ASSIST THE UNIT MANAGER IN PARTNERSHIP WORKING
Assist the Unit Manager in all aspects of partnership development.
You will be supervised by the Unit Manager.
Through supervision, you will identify any training needs to enable you to perform to the required standard of a Deputy Manager.
You will work in accordance with SSSC codes of practice.
In consultation with your line manager, produce a personal development plan.
Keep abreast of current issues and development relevant to the service through reading and attendance at conferences/training courses.
You will attend a senior staff induction course.
It is essential that you hold a SVQ Level 3 in Social Services or Health Care.
It is desirable that you are working towards or hold a SVQ Level 4 in Social Services and Heath Care and be prepared to work towards a SVQ Management Qualification in Care Services.
Relevant Nursing Qualification
As we do our work in Christ’s name the job you have applied for requires you to have a Christian faith and be able to work within and uphold our Christian Ethos. This is an Occupational Requirement under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010.
This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
This post requires you to be registered with SSSC and it is your professional responsibility to ensure that you meet the standards and criteria for registration.
Skills and Abilities
Essential: Postholder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet.Apply for this position
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.