Job Title: Senior Relationship Manager
Contract Type: Full-time Permanent
Business Area: Platform Development
Platform Development is a specialised function, supporting the development and transformation of abrdn's award winning open-architecture platforms; Wrap and Elevate.
Develop and carry out supplier relationship strategies to lead third party relationships in accordance with abrdn's policies and regulatory requirements, ensuring benefits to the abrdn Group are improved and risks minimised.
- Ensure work packages across TPRMT are delivered efficiently and effectively.
- Implement and lead appropriate supplier strategies and governance model and oversight requirements, taking into account the materiality of the relationship and the scope of the services and products provided.
- Support and lead broader project activity involving third party suppliers, where required.
- Support commercial negotiations around aspects of service delivery and BAU contractual aspects ensuring abrdn's requirements are met and exceeded;
- Where required, undertake and document periodic reviews with key suppliers, the content of which should include: Service issues and remedies, future volumes, developments that may impact the supplier’s ability to meet obligations, relevant legal or regulatory developments and confirmation that operational risks.
- Lead and supervise third party supplier commercial activity.
- Third party management strategies developed and agreed with key partners and regularly reviewed and updated accordingly.
- Annual refresh of RMTs SLAs/critical metrics.
- For third party suppliers within remit:
- documentation in place to evidence delivery e.g. meeting minutes and actions, risk logs, DR plans, BCP plans, exit plans, audit reports etc. Risk Assessments in place, planned measures to address risks implemented, controls reviewed and required risk reporting to Group Risk;
- MI packs filed with meeting minutes in place to document review and actions agreed accordingly;
- All commercial and contractual disputes are resolved meeting the needs of abrdn while collaborating closely with the appropriate internal partners;
- Market reviews undertaken and recorded. Evidence of relevant issues discussed at regular supplier review meetings and any actions agreed.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record to develop and articulate cross-functional supplier management strategies and processes.
- Leadership and team management capability.
- Outstanding & extensive knowledge of supplier engagement and management concepts, processes and techniques and supplier performance measurements.
- Ability to Identify and appropriately manage risks.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Expertise in all facets of commercial contracts, including termination, assignment, dispute resolution and general drafting.
- Strong analytical skills.
- High-level presentation skills.
- An understanding of FCA regulations.
- Minimum of 5 years supply chain management experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing outsourced relationships.
There's more to working life than coming home with a good salary. We have an environment where you can learn, get involved and be supported.
When you join us, your reward will be one of the best around, including 40 days annual leave, a 16% employer pension contribution, a discretionary performance based bonus (where applicable), private healthcare and a range of flexible benefits including gym discounts, season ticket loans and access to an employee discount site amongst many others. You can read more about our benefits here.
Our strategic drivers are the foundations from which we deliver for all our stakeholders: High Impact Intelligence, Enduring Relationships, Connections without borders and Future fit. You can find out more about how we create value here.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all forms of difference are valued and which is free from any form of unfair or unlawful treatment. We define diversity in its broadest sense – this includes but is not limited to our diversity of educational and professional backgrounds, experience, cognitive and neurodiversity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and ethnicity and geographical provenance. We support a culture that values meritocracy, fairness and transparency and welcomes enquiries from everyone.
If you need assistance or an adjustment due to a disability please let us know as part of your application and we will assist.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.