Burgh Primary School Rutherglen - 18 hours a week
Community Resources seek to recruit a Cook-in-Charge to ensure the efficient operation and management of a quality catering service within a premise and to be responsible for the supervision of a team of Facilities Assistants (Catering).
Your responsibilities will include the allocation of duties, work rotas, basic routine training and maximising attendance. You will also be required to carry out clerical and financial duties associated with the catering function. You will be responsible for preparing meals, ordering goods, carrying out quality audits and Environmental Health action points and complying with food safety systems.
Effective communication skills are essential along with the ability to work on your own initiative and prioritise your own workload. You should be a committed team player and be able to demonstrate previous experience of providing a customer orientated service.
Please Apply online
All correspondence will be via your email address registered with myjobscotland.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Children, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007. Therefore, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children.
Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to a formal offer of employment being made by South Lanarkshire Council.
Please refer to http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk for further information about the disclosure process and best practice.
Equal Opportunities and Armed Forces Community Covenant
South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum competency/behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.
Foreign Police Check
Candidates should be able to detail any gaps in employment and provide a foreign police check where applicable for any periods living or working abroad.
- Supervision of a team of Facility Assistants (Catering), including assisting with training; recruitment & selection; maximising attendance; team brief etc.
- To undertake and ensure the provision of a quality service and advising management of any stock or quality control issues.
- To undertake cash counting, balancing and recording of financial transactions. (CDCH3).
- To prepare, cook and present a varied selection of menu items.
- To manage function work as required and the transfer food items within and out with the kitchen for serving.
- To undertake practical tasks in relation to the storage, preparation, cooking and service of food including the cleaning of floors, walls, food production areas, equipment and utensils.
As an employee of South Lanarkshire Council you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
- Up to 32 days annual leave
- Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
- Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working and leave, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave.
- Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema.
- Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.