Abrdn is one of the world’s largest investment companies, and we are built on a long standing culture of caring about the future and making a positive impact. Together we invest for a better future. We do it to make a difference to the lives of our clients and customers, our employees, society and our shareholders.
Our strategy is to build a vibrant and value-creating purpose-led organisation, with the current and future needs of our stake holders at the heart of all we do.
Reporting directly to the Head of UK Financial Reporting & Control this role will be responsible for leading a team of financial controllers to deliver high quality and timely financial and regulatory reporting deliverables. This will involve shaping reporting processes and the control environment to ensure the finance function delivers business insight and value add reporting.
The successful candidate will lead on critical team and group wide projects, build collaborative workings relationships across the finance and wider business units and lead on supporting the wider finance strategy.
This role will have line management responsibilities and will plan and prioritise time spent across the team, ensure efficiency and utilization remains high and support the continuous development of our people.
Key Outcomes / Responsibilities:
- Month end reporting – Verification and succinct articulation of the consolidated messages for the UK reporting function to provide valuable business insight.
- Quarter end reporting – Coordinating all board, regulatory and group reporting deliverables and challenging the data and commentary included within. This will also involve communicating key messages to relevant stakeholders as required.
- Year end reporting – Plan the timetable including the completion of group, statutory, board and regulatory deliverables.
- Projects – Lead on wider projects to support the strategic direction of the finance function.
- Technical resolution – Lead on key accounting and regulatory technical matters for presentation and agreement with the Head of UK Financial Reporting & Control.
- Processes & control – Continuous review of the control environment and critical business processes to ensure these continue to be effective and well understood.
- Stakeholder engagement – Take ownership for building collaborative relationships with peers to deliver business insight and contribute to an outstanding finance function.
- Learning & development – Taking responsibility for developing both technical and softer skills of the team and ensuring the continuous professional development of our people.
There's more to working life than coming home with a good salary. We have an environment where you can learn, get involved and be supported.
When you join us, your reward will be one of the best around, including 40 days annual leave, a 16% employer pension contribution, a discretionary, performance based bonus, private healthcare and a range of flexible benefits including gym discounts, season ticket loans and access to an employee discount site amongst many others. You can read more about our benefits here.
How we create value
Our strategic drivers are the foundations from which we deliver for all our stake holders: High Impact Intelligence, Enduring Relationships, Connections without borders and Future fit. You can find out more about our values here.
Our Inclusive Culture
We are committed to exploring the possibilities of working smarter. This means we’d like to hear from you, whatever way you like to work.
We have a long-term commitment to building inclusive workplaces; we value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone. If you need assistance or a reasonable adjustment due to a disability please let us know as part of your application and we will assist. You can find out more about our inclusive culture here.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all forms of difference are valued and which is free from any form of unfair or unlawful treatment. We define diversity in its broadest sense – this includes but is not limited to our diversity of educational and professional backgrounds, experience, cognitive and neurodiversity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and ethnicity and geographical provenance. We support a culture that values meritocracy, fairness and transparency and welcomes enquiries from everyone.
If you need assistance or an adjustment due to a disability please let us know as part of your application and we will assist.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.