About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organisations and communities across the globe.
Job Title: RCA Engineer - Electrical & Controls
Location: Dumbarton, Scotland
The RCA Engineer – Controls and Electrical is a role responsible for supporting and leading investigations of assigned Customer Critical Issues impacting the reliability and operation of the Aggreko fleet.
Working within the Service Engineering department you will be a key member of a dynamic and agile team of multi-disciplined subject matter experts.
You will be required to work to support and integrate with each discipline where necessary i.e Mechanical, Electrical, Controls and Temperature Control.
This role collaborates with Aggreko Operations, Engineering, and Major OEM suppliers to determine suitable containment, root cause, and corrective actions required.
We’re Experts. You will have the following experience:
- An understanding of power generation control system technologies and integration i.e., Automatic voltage regulators, governor, and engine control modules
- Sound knowledge of electrical and distribution systems, AC Generators, Power Transformers and Switchgear.
- Experience of Battery management systems and hybrid integration advantageous
- Data communications protocols and Supervisory control systems
- Exposure to Power Generation products by design, or operation advantageous.
- Good diagnostic skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience of industry standard problem-solving processes/techniques such as 8D, DMAIC and associated tools advantageous
- Highly committed and goal driven.
- Ambitious and with the potential to move to a more senior level within the Aggreko organisation.
- Excellent communications and good organisational skills.
- The initiative to think ahead and act on opportunities or problems.
- Ability to work on a number of projects at the same time and to organise own work and priorities to ensure all milestones/deadlines are met.
You will have the following qualifications/skills:
- An Honours degree in Controls or Electrical Power Engineering
- Relevant experience and training in power generation and distribution systems
Your key responsibilities:
- Support and lead investigation of assigned major field issues root cause, containment and corrective actions required.
- Support and take direction from Principal Engineers for key investigations
- Agree priorities and milestones with Reliability Technical Manager and Principal RCA Engineers.
- Assume responsibility for your role as an SME and provide technical expertise on Control and Electrical specific insights.
- Document all aspects of investigation with supporting evidence following the Aggreko 7 Step structure approach.
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange.
Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
Aggreko is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment that allows each employee to be their best based upon their merit, talent and aspiration. We do not discriminate, and we abide by the laws in the locations in which we operate.