About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organisations and communities across the globe.
Job Title: Project Engineer - Controls
Location: Dumbarton, Scotland
Positions holders focus on market based product management / PRD and selected product design, new product development design and the sustain and control management of existing products.
The role will support development of control systems and strategies for the effective, efficient, and safe operation of power generators, temperature control equipment, compressed air systems and associated ancillary equipment. integration to supervisory systems, e.g. interface/integration to SCADA, telemetry systems for remote monitoring and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Work within cross functional teams to ensure products are designed to required standards with respect to quality, functionality, reliability, manufacture, maintenance, safety, and environmental performance.
- Support the development of new and existing products to improve their performance, operating efficiency, ease of manufacture, total cost of ownership, new needs in the market, maintainability, reliability, control, packaging or environmental qualities, or to extend the product range.
- Undertaking testing and analysis on failures, to deliver changes in design to improve system and/or process reliability
- Modify the product designs (and overall specifications) to make the best use of the components available.
- Creation of technical specifications, functional design specifications and test procedures for control systems.
- Prepare Project Design Pack documentation for inclusion in sales proposals.
- Advise Sales team on project specific design issues and propose engineering solutions.
- Design power packages to suit project needs and maximise use of Aggreko fleet products.
- Design, specification and practical use of controls associated equipment; SCADA, etc.
- Work with procurement to ensure components are as per specifications.
- Prepare full records and documentation of product modifications
University Degree / Specialised Diploma
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange.
Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
Aggreko is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment that allows each employee to be their best based upon their merit, talent and aspiration. We do not discriminate, and we abide by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.