As the largest integrated forestry business in the UK, with 1700 employees and operations spanning the forestry, sawmilling, timber manufacturing and energy sectors, BSW Timber Group is a rapidly developing multi-site business with a turnover in excess of £500m.
With 7 sawmills in the UK and one in Latvia, manufacturing and supplying a wide range of quality sawn products for a variety of industries, we’re constantly working together to create a sustainable future for British forests and woodlands.
- Based Corpach, Fort William – PH33 7AP
- £Competitive + Excellent Benefits
- Rotating Shifts
Working on a shift basis, you’ll be a key member of our busy maintenance team, directly responsible for providing a prompt and responsive breakdown fault diagnosis and repair service & undertaking routine mechanical maintenance, across a range of plant and machinery.
Some responsibilities of a Maintenance Fitter include:
- Installation of machine parts such as chain drives, gearmotors, valves and pumps.
- Carrying out planned maintenance checks, finding and fixing any faults.
- Responding to emergency breakdowns on our production lines.
Alongside your solid background in mechanical engineering, preferably gained within a manufacturing environment, you are confident in working alone or alongside a team. You’ll be technically minded and hold your work to a high level. In addition, you’ll have:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good understanding of computer-based systems and software.
- A high level of organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines in a busy environment.
In return, you can look forward to developing a long-term career with one of the industry’s leading employers. As well as the competitive salary, this position includes other benefits such as:
- Discounted rate on a range of BSW products including Woodfuel Direct.
- Employee benefits portal with access to exclusive deals and discounts on 100s of high street brands, utilities, eating out and more!
- Confidential 24/7 support with the Well-being hub.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Funded learning and career development opportunities.
- Company provided Life Assurance policy.
Interested? Click APPLY to send us your CV and complete our online application form.
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th August 2021
The Company’s Job Applicant Privacy Notice is available on our company website.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.