As the largest integrated forestry business in the UK, with 1700 employees and operations spanning the forestry, sawmilling, timber manufacturing and energy sectors, BSW Timber Group is a rapidly developing multi-site business with a turnover in excess of £500m.
With 7 sawmills in the UK and one in Latvia, manufacturing and supplying a wide range of quality sawn products for a variety of industries, we’re constantly working together to create a sustainable future for British forests and woodlands.
- Based Corpach, Fort William – PH33 7AP
- £Competitive + Excellent Benefits
- Rotating Shifts
Working alongside a team of Engineers, under the leadership of our Engineering Manager you will be responsible for providing a prompt and responsive fault diagnosis and repair service throughout the sawmill.
Specifically, some responsibilities of a Maintenance Electrician include:
- Troubleshooting and testing equipment, controls, and software.
- Repairing Mechanical, Pneumatic and Electromechanical Machinery.
- Undertaking a variety of preventative and reactive maintenance duties.
- Identifying solutions that will improve systems efficiency and reduce costs.
Alongside your solid background in electrical engineering, preferably gained within a manufacturing environment, you are confident in working alone or alongside a team. You’ll be technically minded and hold your work to a high level. In addition, you’ll have:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good understanding of computer-based systems and software.
- A high level of organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines in a busy environment.
- Experience of PLC systems.
- Ideally hold C&G 17th or 18th Edition IEE Regulations qualifications (or equivalent).
In return, you can look forward to developing a long-term career with one of the industry’s leading employers. As well as the competitive salary, this position includes other benefits such as:
- Discounted rate on a range of BSW products including Woodfuel Direct.
- Employee benefits portal with access to exclusive deals and discounts on 100s of high street brands, utilities, eating out and more!
- Confidential 24/7 support with the Well-being hub.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Funded learning and career development opportunities.
- Company provided Life Assurance policy.
Interested? Click APPLY to send us your CV and complete our online application form.
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th August 2021
The Company’s Job Applicant Privacy Notice is available on www.bsw.co.uk/careers/terms