Location: Our Applecross Hatchery, Kishorn
Why work with us?
- £150 million turnover
- 650+ employees
- We sell to over 26 countries around the world
- We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
- Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognising our commitment to Scotland, our industry and employees.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
The ongoing significant investment into developing our Applecross facility represents an exciting era in aquaculture, Recirculating Aquaculture Systems (RAS) are at the forefront of future fish production globally. To support the growth and development of this site we have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team as a Freshwater Engineer.
The Freshwater Engineer will support the Engineering Coordinator North in the asset care of all company assets, responsible for developing the PPMs to minimise downtime, and supporting CAPEX projects to assist the sites. The successful candidate will be required to travel to several operational facilities and work closely with Site Managers to ensure the health and wellbeing of our livestock. They will take a proactive approach to preventative maintenance and Engineering practices.
- First point of contact for all Engineering requirements at sites.
- Accountable as part of the skilled electrical team on site.
- Ensure all work is correctly logged in the CMMS system.
- Accountable for tracking engineering issues and accurately reporting cause and actions to close out.
- Compile weekly reports and send to the department coordinator.
- Ensure departmental compliance with all Health and Safety and Technical requirements.
- Lead the way with modern manufacturing techniques – 5s, RCA, CI, focus groups.
- Assist the Engineering Coordinator in maintaining the current asset register.
- Overnight stays may be required to support with rotational on-call shifts.
- Electrician with strong mechanical skills and background.
- A good knowledge of engineering Automation systems and Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in refrigeration and plant equipment an advantage.
- Attention to detail and can work well under pressure with good task management skills.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Packages and CMMS systems.
- Demonstrate a step change in reactive vs proactive maintenance.
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills with all levels.
- Be confident and flexible in a fast-paced environment.
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
- Relocation & accommodation support
- Competitive salary package with regular salary reviews
- Market leading pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discount scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse or Partner
- Occupational health service
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply:
Please complete the application form available on our website or send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday 9th September 2021.