As AMP Clean Energy’s renewable heat business continues to grow, we are on the lookout for an experienced Credit Controller. If you want to join one of the most exciting sectors in the renewable energy industry, then please get in touch with us.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner for each debtor book
- Meet cash & debtor targets
- To forge good working relationships with internal stakeholders (sales, customer service, etc.)
- Set and agree credit limits and payment terms for new and existing accounts using online credit checking facility
- Assist line manager in the maintenance and review of existing credit limits and terms
- Release orders on hold in a minimum timescale, ensuring credit approved
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales, agreeing payment terms in consultation with line manager
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity and update systems / CRM
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries
- Escalate issues promptly when needed
- Undertake account reconciliations as required and information for audit where necessary
- Issue monthly statements/letters for customer accounts
- Provide cover for other team members of credit control as requested by line manager
- Other duties as delegated from time to time by the Credit Control Manager or any other person designated in their absence
- Experience in Credit Control in a similar role is essential
- Ideally the successful candidate will have experience in a company with over £10m Turnover
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Level 3 Certificate or Diploma in Financial Studies or similar desirable
- Ability to build working relationships with internal stakeholders and work as a team
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills with the confidence to challenge people when disputes arise
- To be able to work under own initiative to achieve all goals and targets.
- Ability to listen carefully and negotiate with customers
- Patient with the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Persistence and Determination
- Methodical and analytical with good attention to detail
We are offering a competitive salary, which will be discussed at interview.
- Location: Fort William
- Hours of work: 40 per week - hours will be flexible but typically between the hours of 08:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
- Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days. In addition, you will have an annual entitlement of 8 days for public holidays
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.