We’re looking for bold and remarkable people who care. Can you make a difference to the lives of disabled people?
Stanmore House Residential is for children and young people. We provide specialist support to children and young people with different health, physical and learning disabilities. We are looking for the right people to make a difference. The children and young people who live within the residential service all require individual support in order to enhance and enjoy their lives, have fun, and to thrive. The residential service supports the educational and health needs of the children and young people.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic person. We encourage individuals to find a path for their dreams and aspirations, whether you live with us as a customer or work with us as a team member.
As a Support Worker, you will be a key member of the team, providing:
- High standards of support to the children and young people
- A creative and caring approach
- Opportunities to build strong relationships with young people, their families and other supporting professionals
- Support in the planning of education, health and wellbeing outcomes
- Encouragement and support to live as independently as possible
- Both personal care and participation in activities are key tasks for the role, so energy and initiative is vital
Working with Capability Scotland brings you lots of benefits:
- £9.66 per hour
- Fully paid, sector-leading learning and development
- Fully funded SVQ placement – a qualification which is yours for life
- Excellent annual leave of 32 days per year, increasing with service
- Generous and enhanced pension schemes and family benefits
- As a member of our autoenrollment pension scheme, £10,000 provided in the case of Death in Service
- Flexible working is available
- Access to shopping discounts through the Perks At Work scheme
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Free PVG checks throughout your career.
Applying to Capability Scotland
Applying to work with us couldn’t be simpler. Please visit our website. On our website we’ve got an application form that starts by pressing “Apply Now”, and it works perfectly on your mobile phone if you prefer that. You can request any alternative formats of our application form by contacting email@example.com (such as large print or braille). You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date. We’ll invite successful candidates to an interview so we can learn more about what makes each other tick, in a safe and secure way. You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings.
A full job description of this role is available by clicking here: Support Worker (Res Resp)
For more information on this role, you can call Fiona on 01555 665041 using reference CS201208.
This post requires a valid driving licence. This post involves shift work (including nights shifts and weekends).
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.