Warm, friendly, and share our values of ensuring the best lives possible for everyone? Raise your hand if that’s you.
Our newly designed Craigmillar Hub aims to offer different experiences and flexibility to individuals with disabilities and complex support needs. At our Hub, we offer accessible arts through the art room and gallery as well as assistive and augmentative technology through the digital suite. In addition, we support individuals within the community to access various sports and recreational facilities to meet their identified outcomes.
We support individuals with all aspects of daily life. It is an exciting time for us as we develop our new services and we are looking for staff to be part of the team.
This may mean flexibility in terms of location, focus and deployment, including the willingness to work flexible shifts, sleepovers, early and late shifts, evenings and weekends.
About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic person. We encourage individuals to find a path for their dreams and aspirations, whether you live with us as a customer or work with us as a team member.
As a Community Living Assistant, you will be a key member of the team, providing:
- High standards of support to our customers
- A creative and caring approach
- Opportunities to build strong relationships with our customers, their families and other supporting professionals
- Encouragement and support to live as independently as possible
- Participation in activities are key tasks for the role, so energy and initiative is vital.
While experience is great, we are really looking for people with the right values. You should have excellent communication skills and be flexible and empathetic. A driver's license and a car are advantageous so please let us know if you have these.
You will also assist our customers with some physical work; including pushing wheelchairs or helping individuals move around when needed.
Working with Capability Scotland brings you lots of benefits:
- £9.66 per hour exceeding the current Scottish Living Wage!
- Fully paid, sector-leading learning and development
- Fully funded SVQ placement – a qualification which is yours for life
- Excellent annual leave of 32 days per year, increasing with service
- Generous and enhanced pension schemes and family benefits
- As a member of our autoenrollment pension scheme, £10,000 provided in the case of Death in Service
- Flexible working is available
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to shopping discounts through the Perks At Work scheme
- Free 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Free PVG checks throughout your career.
Applying to Capability Scotland
Applying to work with us couldn’t be simpler. Please visit our website. On our website we’ve got an application form that starts by pressing “Apply Now”, and it works perfectly on your mobile phone if you prefer that. You can request any alternative formats of our application form by contacting email@example.com (such as large print or braille). You’ll then hear from us within three weeks of the noted closing date. We’ll invite successful candidates to an interview so we can learn more about what makes each other tick, in a safe and secure way. You can keep a track of your application in your profile management settings.
A full job description of this role is available by clicking here: Community Living Assistant
For more information on this role, you can call Toni on 0131 661 1212 using reference CS210605.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and conducts thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates.
- A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.